Television

Just wanted to 2nd the love of Dectorists. @Teeeee it’s really worth your time.

It’s about the pace of life, how we define ourselves through the days, and our relationships with the people closest to us.
This description reminds me of Please Like Me. Have you or @kvetcha watched that yet?

It makes me sad how few people seem to have watched and/or appreciated the Americans. As far as I'm concerned seasons 3-6 might be the best character study television has given us.

It doesn't help that S1 (while solid) is a very different show because FX was still finding their voice as a Network.

The first scene of the first episode of the last season is one of the most well made scenes ever. The scene in which no one speaks, it is only music and each of the two of them going about their lives. So much emotion and turmoil is conveyed in that scene, again, without a single word spoken. It blew me away.

Also, the finale was perfect. I did not see it coming and really liked how they wrapped it up.

Anyone else totally sucked in to The OA?

LOST is my all time favorite show, The OA is the only show that has mystified me the way that LOST did, it’s absolutely brilliant imo.
I found S1 solid but flawed. S2 has probably been my favorite thing I've watched this year though.

If you haven't seen I Origins, The Sound of My Voice or Another Earth, you should probably get on that. All were co-written (and star) Brit Marling.
The OA fucking rules and I could not in good conscious recommend it to anyone.

The OA is both the silliest premise ever while being a brilliantly, mind blowing show. Season 2 - the ending - I still am not sure I completely understand what happened. I certainly would not be able to explain it to anyone. I can tell it is far above my intelligence level but I loved the mind fuckery.

Anyone else watching Fosse/Verdon on FX? If not and you like Sam Rockwell or Michelle Williams, get on it. Michelle Williams is destroying this role. Never thought she'd go from Dawson's Creek to being one of the best dramatic actresses going.

I'm a little bummed all my shows are wrapping up for the season (and some forever... RIP Speechless), but I'm glad I'll be able to catch up on Netflix stuff and watch more Criterion now.

The OA is both the silliest premise ever while being a brilliantly, mind blowing show. Season 2 - the ending - I still am not sure I completely understand what happened. I certainly would not be able to explain it to anyone. I can tell it is far above my intelligence level but I loved the mind fuckery.
Loved the mind fuckery too, perfect description👌🏼
I found myself quoting the Oracle in the Matrix trying to explain the last scene of the S2 finale, “what will really bake your noodle is...”

Anyone else watching Fosse/Verdon on FX? If not and you like Sam Rockwell or Michelle Williams, get on it. Michelle Williams is destroying this role. Never thought she'd go from Dawson's Creek to being one of the best dramatic actresses going.

Thanks for the reminder. Two of my all-time favorite actors. And I've already expressed my love for FX.

I started it like 3 or 4X before it took with me. I had to get past the first 1/2 of the first season. Then I was hooked. Sounds like you've got the bug.
Yes! Me too. I had to keep trying. The bathtub scene was a bit too much for me. It ended up being a very compelling show!

I do enjoy Better Call Saul more. It doesn't have all the violence in it that sometimes got to be too much.

Yes! Me too. I had to keep trying. The bathtub scene was a bit too much for me. It ended up being a very compelling show!

I do enjoy Better Call Saul more. It doesn't have all the violence in it that sometimes got to be too much.
I like BCS more too. BB is great, but I feel BCS is deeper in a way, with a more engaging lead character (and I never thought that’d be the case when the show was originally announced).

I decided to call in sick for work tonight...."GOT" migraines.

(I don't really want to watch the series finale on my phone or risk bawling like a baby in front of my co-workers)

Last edited:
Anyone in the UK watch Years and Years yet?

Terrifying new future drama about where society could be headed, through the eyes of one family. Episode one is fantastic.

American viewers, watch on HBO in June.

I haven't but it's getting great reviews over here.

On the Better Call Saul subject, I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes and thought it was insanely boring. He just seemed to be driving from house to house with very little happening. I loved BB but just couldn't carry on with BCS. All the love here though, maybe I'll give it another shot someday.

I've tried BCS a few times...it's good, but it really doesn't hold my interest. I think I've gotten midway thru season 2 last time I tried to binge it.

And I LOVED Breaking Bad.
It's definitely a slow burn. Still think it's the familiarity with the characters and the style of the way it's shot in that there's always this bubbling intensity under the surface that usually results in great character conflict.

Back