Television

Anyone watching Abbys? It's being billed as Cheers for millennials and Michael Schurs name is attached to it(my reason for watching it). It's nothing special so far, but it wins me over more with each episode

Speaking of TV shows, I binged the Christina Applegate/Linda Cardellini series Dead To Me on Netflix this past week and absolutely loved it. I'm not really somebody who binged things so I was surprised at how fast I finished it.

Almost done with it. I find them so relatable! When she goes in her car and blasts music and screams, that me!!!
Anyone watching Abbys? It's being billed as Cheers for millennials and Michael Schurs name is attached to it(my reason for watching it). It's nothing special so far, but it wins me over more with each episode

I am intrigued by it because I liked her in Parks n Rec. How many episodes have aired? I might catch up.

I see a lot of love for it here. From somebody who just finds it kind of boring can you explain what makes you like it so much?
It just a perfect blend of comedy and drama. It feels realer than most shows while also maintaining a sense of fancy. It also helps that it depicts my favorite genre in fresh and honest light. The main 4 characters are all fully formed and extremely well acted. I just really like everything about it

Speaking of TV shows, I binged the Christina Applegate/Linda Cardellini series Dead To Me on Netflix this past week and absolutely loved it. I'm not really somebody who binges things so I was surprised at how fast I finished it.
I watched the first episode and decided I didn't like the premise. I don't like uncomfortable television.

Currently airing show I would heartily recommend is What We Do In The Shadows on FX. Based off a fantastic mockumentary film of the same name. I prefer the New Zealand setting and embellishments, as well as the DIY/amateur-feeling context and direction, would be a good place to start if you can access it.

Currently airing show I would heartily recommend is What We Do In The Shadows on FX. Based off a fantastic mockumentary film of the same name. I prefer the New Zealand setting and embellishments, as well as the DIY/amateur-feeling context and direction, would be a good place to start if you can access it.

I really wish I could get into this more. My wife and I both loved the film but have been struggling with the series. I just don't find it that funny. There have been episodes where I don't even laugh at all.

I watched the first episode and decided I didn't like the premise. I don't like uncomfortable television.

It seems a long time since i saw those two guys floating across my screen. Never asked until now but ....whats it from ? I have a vague memory....

Anyone watched Chernobyl ?
Ive read a decent amount about the disaster but found out a new staggering fact in last nights episode.
The story of the 3 divers emptying water tanks before they were breached, causing a thermonuclear explosion equal to 3-5 megatons ! I didnt know this disaster was averted !! It was 24 hrs away. Much of Europe left uninhabitable for hundreds of yrs !
Check this out if ur in the dark too...
https://www.history.co.uk/article/the-real-story-of-the-chernobyl-divers

What happened was just incredible

Last edited:
Just wanted to 2nd the love of Dectorists. @Teeeee it’s really worth your time.

It’s about the pace of life, how we define ourselves through the days, and our relationships with the people closest to us.

D’you see University Challenge last night?

I really wish I could get into this more. My wife and I both loved the film but have been struggling with the series. I just don't find it that funny. There have been episodes where I don't even laugh at all.
I generally agree, I think the show has a lot of potential. I don't find it as funny as the film either. In some ways the show has removed the focus from the individual attributes of each vampire and their silly, childish habits/conflicts and fish-out-of-water behaviour. The worst episode of the show for me where I didn't laugh was the fourth (the clubbing episode). I like the addition of Colin Robinson and the concept of an Energy Vampire, though, and will see where the season goes.

I just wanna say that King of the Hill is so much better as an adult.

Well that and... (with apologies to Mr. Robot, Legion and Ricky and Morty) Atlanta is the best show on television now that The Americans has ended.

You all are crazy.

- Signed the pretentious asshole who thinks The Wire is the greatest narrative ever put on a screen.

Last edited:
I generally agree, I think the show has a lot of potential. I don't find it as funny as the film either. In some ways the show has removed the focus from the individual attributes of each vampire and their silly, childish habits/conflicts and fish-out-of-water behaviour. The worst episode of the show for me where I didn't laugh was the fourth (the clubbing episode). I like the addition of Colin Robinson and the concept of an Energy Vampire, though, and will see where the season goes.

Even though I usually like Nick Kroll I found that episode to be abymsal...

I just wanna say that King of the Hill is so much better as an adult.

That's probably why my wife never got into it. She was fairly young when it was on and has always talked about how much she disliked it. When it showed up on Hulu, I got her to start watching it and now she loves it. We're almost done with season six, I'll tell you what.

That's probably why my wife never got into it. She was fairly young when it was on and has always talked about how much she disliked it. When it showed up on Hulu, I got her to start watching it and now she loves it. We're almost done with season six, I'll tell you what.
Yea I wasnt a fan as a kid, but as an adult I've watched it all multiple times and think it's up there with the all time great animated shows

Atlanta is a top 5 show on TV right now

1) Atlanta
2) Mr. Robot
3) Rick and Morty
4) Legion
5a) Fargo
5b) The Deuce

FX is where it's at.

All-time Dramas: (has to have ended)

1) The Wire
2) The Americans
3) Louie (call me a bad person if you want)
4) Braking Bad
5) The Sopranos

All-time Comedies: (has to have ended)
1) Arrested Development (seasons 1-3)
2) King of the Hill (seasons 1-7)
3) The Office (seasons 1-6)
4) South Park (seasons 1-10, plus the past 3)
5) Parks and Rec or 30 Rock (all)

For the record, the show runner of The Office was the co-creator of King of the Hill (with Mike Judge).

Last edited:
Back