Television

We just started S1 this morning after a friend recommended it yesterday, I'm really enjoying it so far.
Yay! You and I have similiar tastes so I think you'll really enjoy it.

Season 2 was perfect.

Anyone watch Expanse? We're pretty into it. I didn't read the books but really appreciate the storytelling and effort put into the visuals. It was a SyFy show but Amazon bought it and I guess will make new seasons at some point. Must have been pretty expensive to produce.

I watched Season 1 - 2. I didn't like Season 2 as much at all. So I didn't even start Season 3. Worth it?

He probably won't, but, Anthony Carrigan deserves some award consideration for his work on "Barry". Noho Hank is the most entertaining character in the show, and that dude steals every scene he's in.

He really really is the best part of that show. He's hysterical.

I need some new shows ... I should have saved some of the recent Netflix series I binged for summer because now I have nothing to watch.

I need some new shows ... I should have saved some of the recent Netflix series I binged for summer because now I have nothing to watch.
I started The Society last night on Netflix. Everyone in a town disappears except for the juniors and seniors of the high school. They are cut off from the world - roads lead to nowhere, no wifi, no cell phones, no internet, etc. 2 episodes in and I'll continue to watch. Russian Doll was perfect if you haven't seen that yet.

If you have Hulu, I can not recommend Please Like Me enough. Also Killing Eve and The Handmaid's Tale.

Anyone watched Chernobyl ?
Ive read a decent amount about the disaster but found out a new staggering fact in last nights episode.
The story of the 3 divers emptying water tanks before they were breached, causing a thermonuclear explosion equal to 3-5 megatons ! I didnt know this disaster was averted !! It was 24 hrs away. Much of Europe left uninhabitable for hundreds of yrs !
Check this out if ur in the dark too...
https://www.history.co.uk/article/the-real-story-of-the-chernobyl-divers

What happened was just incredible

I watched the first episode tonight. Pretty brutal watch tbh. I was reading that they still use the same type of reactor in Russia 😱

I really loved Delocated but nobody seems to have watched that. About a guy (Jon Glaser) who is an accountant (iirc?) who enters into the witness protection program to testify against the Russian mob. He gets a reality show documenting his new life in NYC where he wears a ski mask and has an altered voice throughout the whole thing.

Definitely not for everyone but has guest appearances from Paul Rudd, Michael Shannon, Amy Shumer (one of her first appearances that I can recall?), Eugene Mirman, Jerry Minor and Janeane Garofalo.

If you like that show, we'd probably be best friends.

Also, I loathe everthing about Childish Gambino / Donald Glover and will still say that Atlanta is one of the better shows on television as of late.

Mad Men? More Like Mad Meh...

But I'm glad to see that Carnivale got mentioned!

I really loved Delocated but nobody seems to have watched that. About a guy (Jon Glaser) who is an accountant (iirc?) who enters into the witness protection program to testify against the Russian mob. He gets a reality show documenting his new life in NYC where he wears a ski mask and has an altered voice throughout the whole thing.

Definitely not for everyone but has guest appearances from Paul Rudd, Michael Shannon, Amy Shumer (one of her first appearances that I can recall?), Eugene Mirman, Jerry Minor and Janeane Garofalo.

If you like that show, we'd probably be best friends.

Buddy! One of my favorite shows. My wife and I bought the first couple of seasons on DVD when they came out. I should go back and watch it again one of these days.

Also, I loathe everthing about Childish Gambino / Donald Glover and will still say that Atlanta is one of the better shows on television as of late.

I'm the exact opposite. Have loved Donald Glover in everything he's done, love his music... His headlining set at Coachella last month was one of the most amazing concert experiences I've had ... I just can't get into Atlanta.

Buddy! One of my favorite shows. My wife and I bought the first couple of seasons on DVD when they came out. I should go back and watch it again one of these days.

I'm the exact opposite. Have loved Donald Glover in everything he's done, love his music... His headlining set at Coachella last month was one of the most amazing concert experiences I've had ... I just can't get into Atlanta.

There's gotta be dozens of us!! But glad to find another in the wild! We're like brothers now. Except for the Atlanta thing.. maybe cousins?

So current tv obsessions: Dead to Me - just finished and loved it. Game of Thrones - late to the game but can’t get enough (currently on season 2). Killing Eve - Omg, this show is great! Gentleman Jack - anyone else watching this one?

So current tv obsessions: Dead to Me - just finished and loved it. Game of Thrones - late to the game but can’t get enough (currently on season 2). Killing Eve - Omg, this show is great! Gentleman Jack - anyone else watching this one?
Killing Eve rocks! It's one of my current favourites along with What We Do in the Shadows, America to Me, Barry, Pen15 and Russian Doll.

I just finished Dead to Me as well - it's so good. Also binged S2 of Fleabag this weekend and had to stop after 4 episodes as I want to savor it a bit, it's great and improved on a very solid S1. Oh, and I finished Catastrophe - great final season and series finale.

Killing Eve and Barry are my two favorite shows on tv.

Killing Eve rocks! It's one of my current favourites along with What We Do in the Shadows, America to Me, Barry, Pen15 and Russian Doll.
I just finished Dead to Me as well - it's so good. Also binged S2 of Fleabag this weekend and had to stop after 4 episodes as I want to savor it a bit, it's great and improved on a very solid S1. Oh, and I finished Catastrophe - great final season and series finale.

Killing Eve and Barry are my two favorite shows on tv.
I will have to check out these other shows! Thanks for the recommendations. I have watched Russian Doll and like it a lot.

Back