Television

I started and nearly finished Fleabag season 2 last night. (It's 6 episodes, each about 25 minutes, ease up with your judgement! ;) ) Pretty much a perfect season.
We just started S1 this morning after a friend recommended it yesterday, I'm really enjoying it so far.

It's definitely a slow burn. Still think it's the familiarity with the characters and the style of the way it's shot in that there's always this bubbling intensity under the surface that usually results in great character conflict.

Yeah...I liked all of what I watched. I was mid-way through S2 and just didn't go back. I'm sure someday I'll get through it. I do love that

I haven't but it's getting great reviews over here.

On the Better Call Saul subject, I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes and thought it was insanely boring. He just seemed to be driving from house to house with very little happening. I loved BB but just couldn't carry on with BCS. All the love here though, maybe I'll give it another shot someday.
It is a slower show, and especially throughout much of season one it seems to be trying to find its footing. But it pays off as it goes on. And once you get into its pacing I think it becomes as addictive as BB. It’s just a different kind of a show in a way, even more character driven.

So a few of you may be aware, a certain TV show come to it's finale tonight. I've never seen a single episode (medieval shenanigans aren't my bag) but I can appreciate many will be sad to say goodbye.

So on that note, what TV shows do you wish were still with us, regret having to say goodbye to, ended too soon? The guiltier pleasure the better!

I'll start with a couple of cop show: The Closer & Major Crimes were pure entertainment for me. While the storylines were often by the numbers, the character development was top notch IMO. And the U.S. version of a UK show called Touching Evil. Jeffrey Donovan was the ultimate in creepy uber-cops. Why only one season, why?

So a few of you may be aware, a certain TV show come to it's finale tonight. I've never seen a single episode (medieval shenanigans aren't my bag) but I can appreciate many will be sad to say goodbye.

So on that note, what TV shows do you wish were still with us, regret having to say goodbye to, ended too soon? The guiltier pleasure the better!

I'll start with a couple of cop show: The Closer & Major Crimes were pure entertainment for me. While the storylines were often by the numbers, the character development was top notch IMO. And the U.S. version of a UK show called Touching Evil. Jeffrey Donovan was the ultimate in creepy uber-cops. Why only one season, why?

I wish The Leftovers was still on but it did end beautifully imo.

Alias - spy stuff, crazy plot twists, international locations, Jennifer Garner, pretty great fight scenes (for TV), fun gadgets, and great music.

Most of the classic cancelled TV shows like Freaks & Geeks, Firefly, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies etc were a bit before my time, ( I love those but saw them later on) but I've felt some pain in my time.

On the subject of guilty pleasures, the first few I was really devastated by was The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse lol. Those were some of the first serialized shows I really got into heavily and I was super bummed when they went off air. I was on a pretty good luck streak for years after that till they pulled the plug on Hannibal, which obviously isn't a surprise with Bryan Fuller at the helm, but the show was getting really good.

Recently was sad to a bit of a modern smart sitcom slaughtering first The Mick with Kaitlin Olson go after 2 seasons, then the Santa Clarita Diet after three. Both of those shows had come a long way from their early episodes IMO, and were getting into some really good social commentary.

Most of the classic cancelled TV shows like Freaks & Geeks, Firefly, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies etc were a bit before my time, ( I love those but saw them later on) but I've felt some pain in my time.

On the subject of guilty pleasures, the first few I was really devastated by was The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse lol. Those were some of the first serialized shows I really got into heavily and I was super bummed when they went off air. I was on a pretty good luck streak for years after that till they pulled the plug on Hannibal, which obviously isn't a surprise with Bryan Fuller at the helm, but the show was getting really good.

Recently was sad to a bit of a modern smart sitcom slaughtering first The Mick with Kaitlin Olson go after 2 seasons, then the Santa Clarita Diet after three. Both of those shows had come a long way from their early episodes IMO, and were getting into some really good social commentary.

Oh yeah, Hannibal was a good one. Heard there might be some reprieve for that one, fingers crossed.

Any Bosch fans out there?
Love that show. Although have to concentrate a bit, they plunge right in with a deluge of names, none of that walking-you-through-it bollocks.

How about the speakers!? Walsh ohms or something aren't they? Although drives me nuts that he leaves omni-directional speakers at the mercy of the California sun all day... get a curtain buddy!

boschsys.824x0-is.jpg

For some reason, I watch American Idol, which also had its finale tonight, and the runner up was a guy who has been mentored by Twin Shadow and only played his own songs through most of the competition.

Carnivale. That was so trippy and good at the same time.

Also I think we deserved more than just 2 seasons of Rome.

I still feel like AMC did 'Into The Badlands' wrong. All indications were that they were getting a 4th season, and then AMC decided in the break between the two halves of season 3 that they weren't. So the story didn't have a satisfying conclusion for most of the characters. They literally left the main character in purgatory. It wasn't the best show, but I was unhappy with the way it wrapped up.

I still feel like AMC did 'Into The Badlands' wrong. All indications were that they were getting a 4th season, and then AMC decided in the break between the two halves of season 3 that they weren't. So the story didn't have a satisfying conclusion for most of the characters. They literally left the main character in purgatory. It wasn't the best show, but I was unhappy with the way it wrapped up.

That reminds me of a Rob Lowe legal drama called The Lyon's Den. It wasn't terrible but fairly formulaic and when it got shitcanned, they wrote an ending that was just so ridiculous. Shame to end shows that people are invested in this way.

Back