Baseball

Petco Park is a fantastic venue. I’ve always wanted to catch a game in SF too.
Me and my wife went on our honeymoon in California and caught a game at Petco (I remember it was the 4th of July and the Padres were wearing their old camo uniforms and a 4th of July hat. So horribly mis matched). It'd such a great place in a nice part of town. The upper deck was a little high for my fear of heights but it was a great time.

Me and my wife went on our honeymoon in California and caught a game at Petco (I remember it was the 4th of July and the Padres were wearing their old camo uniforms and a 4th of July hat. So horribly mis matched). It'd such a great place in a nice part of town. The upper deck was a little high for my fear of heights but it was a great time.
I’m from San Diego, so I’ve been to a ton of games there, and yeah the upper deck is a bit scary!

I’m from San Diego, so I’ve been to a ton of games there, and yeah the upper deck is a bit scary!
It's wasn't so much in the seating but when you're out on the concourse it seems like a long way down.

We went to SD and LA on our trip and San Diego was a much nicer time. We could walk almost everywhere and that area around the stadium is really nice.

While watching this Cardinals team may lead to me having a heart attack, they are climbing back up in the Central Division.

Gonna be an interesting finish.
Yup. The central have been all beating up on each other, and the Brewers, Cubs, and Cards all had a terrible June/1st half of July...gonna be interesting

Busy with work after getting back from Chicago but that Saturday Cubs/Padres game my brother and I attended was great. I hadn't been back to Wrigley since 99 so it was a little sad to see some of that old neighborhood now gone. The Ivy side still looks the same but the area around the 3rd base side is definitely different. Reminded me of the area around the Braves stadium. But aside from the two videoboards in left and right field, the stadium still looked and felt the same. Such a magical place to watch a game. We had really great seats just to the left of home plate and most importantly in the shade as it was so hot that day. Then magically in the 7th inning just before the 7th inning stretch, a cold front blew in and the place felt spectacular. The Cubbies held on to win 6-5 and we got to sing the "Go Cubs Go" song which was great. A really great trip overall.328E7038-A337-4460-928D-4F171410FBC7.jpeg98AF4D44-9880-4218-9B65-78BAE850369C.jpeg

Last edited:
Phillies are creeping up on the Nats. :)

Are we just all pretty sure there's not going to be any trades this year since so many teams are in it? Usually we'd see SOMETHING by now.
I seem to remember the Phillies being above the Nats this season. What had happened? ;)

Busy with work after getting back from Chicago but that Saturday Cubs/Padres game my brother and I attended was great. I hadn't been back to Wrigley since 99 so it was a little sad to see some of that old neighborhood now gone. The Ivy side still looks the same but the area around the 3rd base side is definitely different. Reminded me of the area around the Braves stadium. But aside from the two videoboards in left and right field, the stadium still looked and felt the same. Such a magical place to watch a game. We had really great seats just to the left of home plate and most importantly in the shade as it was so hot that day. Then magically in the 7th inning just before the 7th inning stretch, a cold front blew in and the place felt spectacular. The Cubbies held on to win 6-5 and we got to sing the "Go Cubs Go" song which was great. A really great trip overall.View attachment 12151View attachment 12152
Nice. I'll be at Wrigley for my first time ever labor day weekend for a Brewers game.

Pretty happy today as an Astros fan. They did lose some farm talent, but they managed to keep their top prospects, while bolstering their areas of need. Needed another quality starting arm. Check...and then some. Needed another bullpen arm. Got that...don't know much about him, but, since it sounds like Pressly is headed onto the IL, we need arms out there. We lose Max Stassi as a backup catcher, but we get Maldonado back. Neither are great offensively, but Maldonado is a much better defensive catcher. Stassi could frame a pitch, but he let a lot of balls get past him, and I don't think some of the rotation (ahem, Verlander) felt comfortable with him behind the plate.

Now...everybody stay healthy. And stay off the massage table Correa!

Enjoy it. The Astros built a terrific club from the ground up and made smart trades to bring in talent. That's the only thing I can take out of this current Rangers doldrums. Maybe there's an end in sight. But it would be a lot easier to stomach if 2011 went the other way.

Back