Baseball

Hello from the top of the division

Image result for bryce harper wave gif
Pssshhhh…. What a traitor. Makes you wonder how sincere anything he does is.

Went out to a Rangers game this past Thursday. Last year for the Ballpark in Arlington, which is patently offensive given it's only been around since 1994. Aside from not shielding you from the Texas heat, it's a flawless ballpark. My brother and I had seats on the 1st base side but got up in the 5th and went around the ballpark and sat in different areas just to take it all in. So a half inning in the worst seats at the very top of left field then highest seats behind home plate until we circumnavigated the stadium every half inning. Going to really miss this ballpark when it's gone. It's no Fenway or Wrigley but it's something special to folks who grew up with the crappy all metal Arlington Stadium. To go to this palace of baseball was incredible. The uniqueness of this place will sadly be gone when the team moves to the generic new one next season. But hey, at least it has air-conditioning. EA06E62E-E54D-42BF-B39A-8A49D04B8E7F.jpegDBD83198-FEFB-4A27-8C15-FD6097228E37.jpegCAF396D0-06D6-441A-95FF-4A378D701BE9.jpegC796EAAD-D627-4356-B448-405A54BC62E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Went out to a Rangers game this past Thursday. Last year for the Ballpark in Arlington, which is patently offensive given it's only been around since 1994. Aside from not shielding you from the Texas heat, it's a flawless ballpark. My brother and I had seats on the 1st base side but got up in the 5th and went around the ballpark and sat in different areas just to take it all in. So a half inning in the worst seats at the very top of left field then highest seats behind home plate until we circumnavigated the stadium every half inning. Going to really miss this ballpark when it's gone. It's no Fenway or Wrigley but it's something special to folks who grew up with the crappy all metal Arlington Stadium. To go to this palace of baseball was incredible. The uniqueness of this place will sadly be gone when the team moves to the generic new one next season. But hey, at least it has air-conditioning. View attachment 4211View attachment 4212View attachment 4213View attachment 4216
That ballpark looks amazing compared to the crumbling atrocity we have here...I guess ours looks pretty from far away, but that's about it.
We might getting a new one soon though, now all we need is a team.

Went out to a Rangers game this past Thursday. Last year for the Ballpark in Arlington, which is patently offensive given it's only been around since 1994. Aside from not shielding you from the Texas heat, it's a flawless ballpark. My brother and I had seats on the 1st base side but got up in the 5th and went around the ballpark and sat in different areas just to take it all in. So a half inning in the worst seats at the very top of left field then highest seats behind home plate until we circumnavigated the stadium every half inning. Going to really miss this ballpark when it's gone. It's no Fenway or Wrigley but it's something special to folks who grew up with the crappy all metal Arlington Stadium. To go to this palace of baseball was incredible. The uniqueness of this place will sadly be gone when the team moves to the generic new one next season. But hey, at least it has air-conditioning. View attachment 4211View attachment 4212View attachment 4213View attachment 4216
It's a nice park unless you are the third base side or left field with the sun out, I thought I was going to die

No roof/shade is a good enough reason to make a new one

It seems like just about every AAA call-up the Astros have made to offset the loss of an All-Star players has contributed lately. This organization has a very deep farm system, and, so far, they are holding their own. Playing some weaker competition is helping too. Still a bit concerned about some of the starters in the rotation. Corbin Martin has struggled with control in his last few outings, and is not going very deep into games before getting yanked. Cole has been striking out a lot of batters, but he's also been much more inconsistent than he was last year. Verlander, Peacock and Miley have pitched great though, and the relievers have been outstanding. Martin is definitely the weak link right now, and it will be interesting how long they continue to keep him in the rotation.

Hopefully they start getting some of the big names back from the injured list soon, but, the kids are keeping things going nicely for the time being.

Last edited:
Just took in the 14-inning epic at Safeco (for some reason not quite ready to switch up naming conventions just yet) Field. My 10 yo daughter and I were celebrating our birthdays, and are now riding the train back to Portland. Great game, with plenty of drama...and the Mariners had plenty of chances to win but just couldn’t finish it off. No matter, I’m an Indians fan and we were just there to take in a baseball game.

Among other notable moments, my daughter got a game ball and we took in a 14th inning stretch for the first time. Good times.

Last edited:
Back