Baseball

Move to the new convertible roof stadium with fake grass (boo) next season. This is the last year of the only 25 year old Globe Life Stadium, formerly the Ballpark in Arlington. I'm not thrilled with it because the new stadium looks like a cheap knockoff of the Astros' stadium but A/C in 100 degree Texas heat would be decent.

I've been an Astros fan since I was a kid, but, like most kids, I wasn't always a super loyal fan. I liked the Braves and Cubs a lot because they were on their respective Superstation channels all summer long. Neither team was good though in that era, although watching Bob Horner and Dale Murphy hit homers every day made up for the losing. My other favorite team as a kid was actually the Phillies. What can I say, I liked Mike Schmidt, Pete Rose and the rest of those guys on those early 80's teams. I think part of it was due to all of the baseball cards I was getting at the time. I mean, when you get 20 something different Pete Rose cards over the summer, it's going to impact you in some way.

Anyway, it looks like the Phillies and Braves are getting a national broadcast tonight on Fox, and the Phillies are rocking their baby blue throwbacks from that era. Honestly, that blue, plus maroon and white simply don't go together...like, at all. But damn if I don't love seeing them whenever they wear them. That particular logo is one of my favorites...it's just perfect. Sorry for the nostalgia fueled ramble. Carry on with the regularly scheduled programming.

I don't think my heart can take much more of this Cards/Cubs series...and we have 5 more games against each other.

But at least the better team has won.

#GoCards

Was great to watch the Reds help the Cubs begin their very satisfying slide out of the playoff race this week. Baseball is fun.

Whew....another 1 run win gives the Cards the 4 game sweep in Wrigley.

That was one hell of a series with the Pirates not competing against the Brewers.

Listening to Marty's last call on the radio today. End of an era. I've certainly had my gripes with him throughout the years for some of his views, but I also consider him to be family, and that's what happens with family sometimes. Wish the Reds could have given him a better season send off, and by the looks of it they're sitting Suarez today, who could have hit his 50th HR of the season and sent Marty off with one last historic call, but alas.

Yeah Nats! (Looking forward to the implosion as per usual)

And @Matt M and @Woob_woob - how did your season with Bryce turn out? ;)
Honestly Bryce was fine, and love the fire. McCutchen back as a leader and sign Realmuto and the offense will be fine. Nobody can win with that pitching. The front office showed they weren't committed to winning this year with the crappy signings they made. That being said, I hate not being at least a crappy playoff team.

That being said, I hate not being at least a crappy playoff team.

Like the Nats? Lol.

This all goes back to Drew Storen and his EPIC meltdown against the Cardinals. Ever since that happened, the Nats have been cursed - unable to make it out of the first round .

Like the Nats? Lol.

This all goes back to Drew Storen and his EPIC meltdown against the Cardinals. Ever since that happened, the Nats have been cursed - unable to make it out of the first round .
Not really, they've got some solid starting pitching. They need to get through the one game wild card, then anything could happen. A few solid and clutch bats in Rendon, Turner and Soto could take them a ways. Philly's other house team could win a few :)

Listening to Marty's last call on the radio today. End of an era. I've certainly had my gripes with him throughout the years for some of his views, but I also consider him to be family, and that's what happens with family sometimes. Wish the Reds could have given him a better season send off, and by the looks of it they're sitting Suarez today, who could have hit his 50th HR of the season and sent Marty off with one last historic call, but alas.

Oh man, who's cutting onions in my office.

The Phillies are going to make sure these last couple of games are as excruciating as possible and not even win enough games to finish over 500.

I'm stressing out now. BrewCrew is only one game behind.

yeah....they should have at least won 2 of 3 against the Diamondbacks...if not all 3. The 19 inning game didn't help things. Losing the lead in yesterdays game the way they did was pretty bad.

I see the Cubs have announced Mills, Hamels, and a bullpen game as the pitchers for this coming series. If the Cards offense decides to show up it should be fine.

And hope that the Rockies don't phone it in, either.

yeah....they should have at least won 2 of 3 against the Diamondbacks...if not all 3. The 19 inning game didn't help things. Losing the lead in yesterdays game the way they did was pretty bad.

I see the Cubs have announced Mills, Hamels, and a bullpen game as the pitchers for this coming series. If the Cards offense decides to show up it should be fine.

And hope that the Rockies don't phone it in, either.

Wacha getting injured was the last thing we needed. One can't expect thebullpen to go again after just finishing a 19 IP Game.
But we should've finished 2-3. Now they have to sweep again to make sure Brewers can't catch up. They'll have to play a tie breaker, loser goes to WC.

Back