Baseball

Enjoy it. The Astros built a terrific club from the ground up and made smart trades to bring in talent. That's the only thing I can take out of this current Rangers doldrums. Maybe there's an end in sight. But it would be a lot easier to stomach if 2011 went the other way.

The Rangers have hit the skids in recent weeks, but, if I were a Rangers fan, I would feel more optimistic about the future heading into 2020 than I would have been heading into 2019. There is a good offensive core there. And if they can keep their better pitchers, and then add a few more solid arms to the rotation in the offseason, I think they will have a stronger team next year. I like your manager too. Seems like he's a good fit for the club. Plus, you get a shiny new ballpark next season.

My friend Puig got traded last night, but not before being involved in a ridiculous brawl with the Pirates, who are total scumbags.

Will miss you, but happy it was to the Indians, so I'll be able to see him.

Amir Garrett is doing the Lord’s work. Pirates have been plunk happy head hunters for yeaaaars.

“I’M LIKE THAT!” - Amir Garrett flexing his biceps

The Rangers have hit the skids in recent weeks, but, if I were a Rangers fan, I would feel more optimistic about the future heading into 2020 than I would have been heading into 2019. There is a good offensive core there. And if they can keep their better pitchers, and then add a few more solid arms to the rotation in the offseason, I think they will have a stronger team next year. I like your manager too. Seems like he's a good fit for the club. Plus, you get a shiny new ballpark next season.

Woodward has exceeded expectations. I wouldn't have believed anyone who'd said we would be near .500 at the first of August. Gallo, Calhoun, Mazara are a good young core. I'm okay with keeping Minor. He's pitched really well all year. Hunter Pence is fun. Elvis is the elder statesman and the heart of the team. There's a lot there. I'm just greedy because that 2009-2016 run was so nice.

I'll still miss the Ballpark at Arlington when it's gone but A/C in the summer would be nice.

Woodward has exceeded expectations. I wouldn't have believed anyone who'd had said we would be near .500 at the first of August. Gallo, Calhoun, Mazara are a good young core. I'm okay with keeping Minor. He's pitched really well all year. Hunter Pence is fun. Elvis is the elder statesman and the heart of the team. There's a lot there. I'm just greedy because that 2009-2016 run was so nice.

I'll still miss the Ballpark at Arlington when it's gone but A/C in the summer would be nice.

It will be interesting to see how the ballpark impacts home and visitor stats. The Ballpark is such a hitter friendly park, so I wonder how much things will change in the new digs. I'm sure there will be a period of adjustment there. But, yeah, hello AC!

I know a lot of Astros fans are cautious about them giving away too many prospects to get veterans. Like I said earlier, I think they kept their bigger/higher profile names, and still addressed their needs. I think they need to strike while the iron is hot, and go for it all this year. Sooner or later Verlander is going to start faltering a bit more. I hope it isn't later this year, or even next year. Cole is a big question mark heading into the offseason. Frankly, you simply can't keep a star studded team together for very long. I'm already bracing for the day when we start having to say goodbye to some of the big parts in this current machine. That's just part of the deal in modern sports, which goes to your point about the Rangers run. I would love for this team to just keep reloading year after year, but that's not realistic. So I'm glad they went all out today, and still managed to not completely mortgage the future.

I wasn't excited about the new ballpark at first because I think the current place is so unique and I'll miss that uniqueness, especially after growing up going out to Arlington Stadium which was basically some metal thrown up next to I-30. After going to the Braves stadium and seeing how well they incorporated the area around their stadium and connected the overall experience to that, I think what the Rangers have built up around the stadium could make for a similar experience. And day games wouldn't suck. I'll just miss real grass and the fun view out to center field and the home run porch in right. I mean my dream was always a downtown Dallas ballpark but that was never going to happen. The mockups of the new ballpark make it look like Minute Maid lite.

It's nice when your team can go all out. Rangers did that a few years and it was fun. I'm okay with them standing pat today. Glad they didn't give away Minor for nothing. I do worry that our farm system is still lacking with decent prospects but that takes time.

I am in awe of what I see every night. It makes me so incredible excited. I'm trying to temper my expectations.

I've felt the same way watching Bo Bichette the last month, except less about power and more about pure hitting. He's still really green and will make a few mistakes in the field as he figures it out, but watching him hit is amazing. He's hitting balls in every part of the zone. The Blue Jays are going to be fun to watch as all these young kids of theirs keep gaining experience.

Any Mets fans in here? Wanna talk about that come from behind 9th inning the Nats had with a 3 run walk off by Suzuki? Man, the Nats are having a ton of fun in their dug out.

Last night's game is a perfect metaphor for the season. Get your hopes up and get so close but immediately fail and can't deliver.
A friend of mine came over last night and was like "oh you're not watching the Phillies?" To which I said I was pretty much done with them for the year. He then told me how they had just tied the game and they are still in the WC hunt and I just said dont worry, they will blow it. I wish I wasnt right.

Cool cool cool. I'm just over here thanking the Nats for reminding me that they are definitely not a WS caliber team. I was getting a little too confident in them after their incredible post May run. So, thank you for bringing me back down to earth, Nats.

Braves sweeping the Nats. SMH.

Cool cool cool. I'm just over here thanking the Nats for reminding me that they are definitely not a WS caliber team. I was getting a little too confident in them after their incredible post May run. So, thank you for bringing me back down to earth, Nats.

Braves sweeping the Nats. SMH.
Oh wait - I was mistaken. The Nats get another chance to lose to the Braves today. Then it will be a sweep.

However, it is Mad Max pitching, so there is a glimmer of hope.

The Phillies are doing what they do. Get your hopes up that they're heating up but will probably lose 3 out of 4 to the Braves.

Taking my youngest to the Rangers game on Friday, just the two of us. Can't wait. She's really excited to go back and learn more about the great game of baseball. Will probably be my last game at the old ballpark.

Taking my youngest to the Rangers game on Friday, just the two of us. Can't wait. She's really excited to go back and learn more about the great game of baseball. Will probably be my last game at the old ballpark.
I haven't been following much about their ballpark. Are they in the new one next year or the year after?

Back