Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

He's saying a non-VMP record. We make our own picks and everyone just decides to buy them.

We could do couple different guess threads each month.

For example, we could have guess threads based on hints VMP gives on Social
We could do one for an upcoming release or reissue
And we could do some for something totally random and obscure.

I kind of like the idea.

We could do couple different guess threads each month.

For example, we could have guess threads based on hints VMP gives on Social
We could do one for an upcoming release or reissue
And we could do some for something totally random and obscure.

I kind of like the idea.

It would be a very good start yes.

This book club idea will probably lead to internationals getting their albums at the same time as US customers. Which is a bloody treat. Should we make it that the same artist doesn’t appear twice, like our old club to allow variety or not set ourselves shackles and free up choices? I wouldn’t be opposed to compilations but I guess some of you would in principle.

I’m in. I’d be happy buying whatever you all suggest. I’d also be happy picking a record. This is super sweet. Beautiful work team. Do one a month. I’d be interested to find a pick by @Skalap seeing the dude keeps daring me to buy my own suggestions and i’d like us all to try one of his

I would be more than happy to run the June thread if we have everything sorted out in the next two weeks.

Legit finding a good choice for my n+g record is hard because the weird stuff I like rarely gets a vinyl pressing

I suppose there are big canon albums that you like too though that some of us don’t have. It’s ok if you pick, say Closer by Joy Division, as that’s the risk of what happens in a book club or our former home. Like, I had Betty Davis and that meant I saved a few quid that week. (But I like obscure shit too Dukey, some of us lunatics are happy to do a bit of Discogs destruction as long as copies aren’t $400... if you suggest it and feel it’s worth a bang i’d Trust that)

I think the one thing we all agree on is fauxbis

The rest (artwork, maybe playlists of similar music) cam be decided on a person by person basis

I already have one of my 2 ROTMs planned and the other one is a tie between 2 that I dunno if I'll do one since it's problematic for a specific reason

Back