N&G Secret Santa

I
Secret Santa, you went above and beyond. Thank you kindly. Everything arrived unscathed.

Pictured is:
The Books - Thought For Food
Jim O'Rourke - Bad Timing
Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Hi-voltage Records sticker
Hawkeye comic
Daredevil comic
Envelope with the hand drawn modern Portland Trail Blazers "Rip City" logo (I melted when I saw this!), enclosed inside was a lovingly written rationale for the choices + Santa drawing.

View attachment 24908
View attachment 24909
Thank you so much for this, @TenderLovingKiller®. I am humbled by your generous gift, and this wonderful forum. I now know that I need to step up my effort level next year.

SS, your gift should arrive tomorrow!
I was happy it didn’t have to travel too far. Are you familiar with those albums? I know they weren’t on your want list but they are all favorites of mine.

Hope ya enjoy it!

Secret Santa, you went above and beyond. Thank you kindly. Everything arrived unscathed.

Pictured is:
Hawkeye comic
Daredevil comic
Envelope with the hand drawn modern Portland Trail Blazers "Rip City" logo (I melted when I saw this!), enclosed inside was a lovingly written rationale for the choices + Santa drawing.

View attachment 24908
View attachment 24909
Thank you so much for this, @TenderLovingKiller®. I am humbled by your generous gift, and this wonderful forum. I now know that I need to step up my effort level next year.

SS, your gift should arrive tomorrow!
Wow, this is AMAZING! I feel like I need to send my Santee another gift now!

I

I was happy it didn’t have to travel too far. Are you familiar with those albums? I know they weren’t on your want list but they are all favorites of mine.

Hope ya enjoy it!

Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain is a gem. I think I like it more than Slanted & Enchanted. The others I am not familiar with but that is one of many reasons for what this forum is for! :)
Gonna keep the envelope and pin it somewhere.

Pictured is:
Hawkeye comic
Daredevil comic

Santee, your gift should arrive tomorrow!
Well done @TenderLovingKiller® ! I love it! All the personal touches and the errata. ❤

@Rip_City - just a heads up - your address is in the first pic.

Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain is a gem. I think I like it more than Slanted & Enchanted. The others I am not familiar with but that is one of many reasons for what this forum is for! :)
Gonna keep the envelope and pin it somewhere.
Rad! Hit me up after you give those two a go. I would like to get your take.

The best part of picking you up a copy of Bad Timing was it gave me an excuse (like I needed one) to pick up a copy for myself too!

Merry Christmas(or whatever) Rip!

Yo Santa! I don't know Julian Cope but am excited to give him a spin! Thanks for introducing me to something new!!

View attachment 24947
I'm not saying this is or is not who your SS is. All I'm saying is that this album was part of the listening club not too long ago! And it's quite a good album. Huge nostalgia vibes.

Edit: Even though that link says Kiss, it will take you to the discussion I'm talking about. :)

I'm not saying this is or is not who your SS is. All I'm saying is that this album was part of the listening club not too long ago! And it's quite a good album. Huge nostalgia vibes.

Edit: Even though that link says Kiss, it will take you to the discussion I'm talking about. :)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a secret.

Yo Santa! I don't know Julian Cope but am excited to give him a spin! Thanks for introducing me to something new!!

I thought someone might recall the listening thread (good memory @Teeeee )
I had a good look thru ur Discogs collection whilst also wanting to pass on something you probably didnt know.
I think the stars alligned somewhat as this could be right in your wheelhouse. I also like it a lot.

Sorry not too much of a personal touch but had to use US Seller - Got one of the two left available !
You also get to be first recipient of a “Happy Christmas” from me.
Enjoy

I thought someone might recall the listening thread (good memory @Teeeee )
I had a good look thru ur Discogs collection whilst also wanting to pass on something you probably didnt know.
I think the stars alligned somewhat as this could be right in your wheelhouse. I also like it a lot.

Sorry not too much of a personal touch but had to use US Seller - Got one of the two left available !
You also get to be first recipient of a “Happy Christmas” from me.
Enjoy

Back in September there was so much going on I wasn't as active in many threads as I should've been, I can't wait to pour a cold one and give this a listen! I'm happy to be your first santee(? not quite sure what I am called in this instance)! Checked out his wiki and saw post-punk so this seems like it will be a perfect match! Thanks for thinking of me during the holiday season <3

I'm still in the anxiety-stricken "which record(s) do I choose for them?!" phase, my sweat-drenched mouse hovering over first this, then that album, adding them to carts, then removing them to continue on the quest for the One True Record, forged by the elder elves in pressing plants of the ancient kingdom and said to bring such joy to the listener that all cares and worries melt like the snows of of the mountains under the summer sun.

Dear Santa,

I couldn't have expected a better surprise when I came back to work today after a few sick days!

I was listening to some of its tracks digitally yesterday, and thought it should definitely be the next item to fetch from my wantlist. Looks like you read my mind!

Thanks again, this one will definitely spin on the turntable tonight!

IMG_20191205_092935.jpg

NB: it was super carefully packed btw (Blake sleeve, bubble wrap, double cardboard, and corner protection!)

Last edited:
Back