N&G Secret Santa

Santa came 😍😍😍

two real world picks too! The label of the moment! I’m really excited to give these a go. I’ve heard @Skalap rave about Les Amazones D’Afrique and I’ve been meaning to give them a go so it’s great to have it and after combing the real world website the breath had been another act I’d been meaning to check out.

Santa you smashed it! I’m sorry but I couldn’t work you out from the note (see the current AoTM thread, I’m no sleuth) but I really appreciate this. Thank you so much!

F95DCA9B-0E0A-4D8C-85D6-BCD5D327D0FB.jpeg

It's always nice to fill those holes you seem to keep ignoring ;)
1575073206581-gif.24335

This is all after-the-fact, unhelpful stuff but, if you have a PayPal account, a scale, and a printer, you can use this link:

https://www.paypal. com/?cmd=_ship-now

And see what your price options are. Sometimes, you can find an option that is better than what a post office employee might offer. It's been a while since I shipped something 4 pounds internationally, so I can't guarantee there is cheaper but mailing pins and small stuff internationally is like $15 on PayPal and then like way way more expensive when I check the usps shipping calculator.
Yeah, In my experience postal office workers don’t know their policies or shipping that well. I had a postal employee tell me that records didn’t qualify for media mail once, that it was only for movies. I had to bust out the USPS site to show her what items qualified. Back in the comic book days, they used to try to tell me that collected editions didn’t qualify because they were comics (single issues don’t qualify because of ads).

Of course, I had to tell my IT department who to submit a ticket to the other day to get it serviced, so I may just be a magnet for people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Yeah, In my experience postal office workers don’t know their policies or shipping that well. I had a postal employee tell me that records didn’t qualify for media mail once, that it was only for movies. I had to bust out the USPS site to show her what items qualified.
Same thing happened to me, they insisted that it needed to be a book and finally they were like, "let's just say it's a book" ;) and act like they were doing me a huge favor, just this one time by letting me get away with it. :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me, they insisted that it needed to be a book and finally they were like, "let's just say it's a book" ;) and act like they were doing me a huge favor, just this one time by letting me get away with it. :rolleyes:
LOL, this is why I provide as little information as possible. I just go in there and declare it Media Mail and they ring it up. No one has ever questioned me. I should probably *knock on some wood now.

Last edited:
Santa came 😍😍😍

two real world picks too! The label of the moment! I’m really excited to give these a go. I’ve heard @Skalap rave about Les Amazones D’Afrique and I’ve been meaning to give them a go so it’s great to have it and after combing the real world website the breath had been another act I’d been meaning to check out.

Santa you smashed it! I’m sorry but I couldn’t work you out from the note (see the current AoTM thread, I’m no sleuth) but I really appreciate this. Thank you so much!

View attachment 25262

giphy (2).gif

Glad you liked it, wanted to add a more personal touch, but sadly time and distance didn't let me. Hope you enjoy them and let me know how they are, maybe I'll get them down the road.

LOL, this is why I provide as little information as possible. I just go in there and declare it Media Mail and they ring it up. No one has ever questioned me. I should probably know on some wood now.
I mean the experience I had above was exactly that until she asked me what it was... same location there is a dude that’s like “this is a record isn’t it? Anything good?”

View attachment 25319

Glad you liked it, wanted to add a more personal touch, but sadly time and distance didn't let me. Hope you enjoy them and let me know how they are, maybe I'll get them down the road.

Woohoo! Thanks so much Santa @ThePakoBuelna

Yeah they’re great choices that I’m excited to try out, challenging me to try something new but in a way I wanted! You did great, I’ll report back when I spin them, I’m waiting on some new inner sleeves to arrive before I can wash them but once that’s done they’ll be straight on the table and I’ll let you know what I think!

Back