N&G Secret Santa

dear santa,

you definitely dont have to get me the more expensive or audiophile pressings on my discogs wantlist... in fact those are more for pipe dream purposes than anything else since i dont have the equipment (great headphones though not perfect powered speakers and certainly not audiophile) and was more like "when i am able to jump into the audiophile space these would be cool"

View attachment 24857
Thanks Secret Santa!

So The Bends is pretty much my favorite Radiohead album and I remember liking the Justice album back in 2007 but I don't think I've listened to it since so I'll be excited to rediscover.

Did Amazon send the notes? There should have been one with each record. Anyway, I'm glad you love both! 🎅

View attachment 24407

Look what Santa brought me! (I think Santa might rhyme with @Skalap)

• Jungle Brown - Full Circle
  • Makaya McCraven - Where We Come From
Two records I've never heard of and don't have. I'm super stoked to spin these. Thank you so, so much! :) :) I will report back next week after I put some needle time into them!
Hey @Skalap, I just listened to the Makaya McCraven album and I am enthralled. This is absolutely amazing. I couldn't think of a better album for me, and for that I genuinely appreciate your attention to detail here. Now I am even more stoked to listen to the Jungle Brown album (tomorrow). Thank you agfain!

People may miss it, but usually if you leave a note for the recipient it is printed on the mailing address sticker outside the box for Amazon packages sent as gifts.

It is easy to miss...and not always in the package.

Dear Santee,

Christmas is coming and so are your Records...or at least they have been ordered and I'm just waiting on shipping info.

As a result, I have not written you a personal message but I will send some Yuletide love once you receive and post your albums in here.

In the meantime, I want to play a game...I have created a meta-Storf style series of clues if you feel like playing along.

You could be almost anyone in here but specifically, you will be someone who fits these three clues.

1. One of the records I personally own# and love. When I saw this record on your list I knew that I had to get it for you.

2. The records will be coming from two separate sellers but I hope they arrive "together"*

3. You also had another album on your wishlist that I own, a VMP variant of an Australian act which I was thinking of sending you but from Australia that would be expensive and "slow"^

The second album I'm sending I actually did not know off until I saw it on your list. After I gave it a stream I will be getting myself a copy too thanks to you.

In other news: I feel that my Santa arrived last night but I have to go collect their sack load from the Post Office, I will report back.

Merry Festichanukwanzamas to each and every one of us.

# My Discogs collection
* like they are on your Discogs list when searching by Artist
^perhaps a clue to your second record

Last edited:
Thanks for these awesome records, @ayayrawn!

4C76A74B-1A70-4D10-B590-ECA40B47B247.jpeg

I actually owned a VMP copy of UFOF but I needed some cash and sold it. I had made a note to buy a new copy but completely forgot, so this was perfect. Also, weirdly enough, I was looking at some year end lists last week and saw Weyes Blood on a few and I listened to it for the first time and really liked it. Thanks again! I’m looking forward to spinning these this weekend!

Hey @Skalap, I just listened to the Makaya McCraven album and I am enthralled. This is absolutely amazing. I couldn't think of a better album for me, and for that I genuinely appreciate your attention to detail here. Now I am even more stoked to listen to the Jungle Brown album (tomorrow). Thank you agfain!

Glad you like it so much! Be ready to fall down the rabbit hole! Come find your new friends in the Jazz thread :p Jokes aside, you have in hands one of the very best record in modern jazz IMO. There is a bit of everything and talented artists from Chicago, London, Brussels, etc... I see this record as a landmark of our modern jazz music. Jungle Brown is of course very different and fresher but if you love the Native Tongues vibe, you'll enjoy their music.

Thanks for these awesome records, @ayayrawn!

View attachment 24885

I actually owned a VMP copy of UFOF but I needed some cash and sold it. I had made a note to buy a new copy but completely forgot, so this was perfect. Also, weirdly enough, I was looking at some year end lists last week and saw Weyes Blood on a few and I listened to it for the first time and really liked it. Thanks again! I’m looking forward to spinning these this weekend!
Merry Christmas, friend!

Dear Santee,

I found a few items in your collection that are missing that I myself enjoy. A few bands that have one missing album or a critical release that you're missing. But ultimately I chose an album that is quite critical.
Hope that is okay. I really hope you enjoy the item. Buying it today and shipping it straight to you!

Love,

Memo

Last edited:
I bought my santee a couple of records on amazon. I did the whole 'gift' option and wrote a note to say its from their secret santa. Annoyingly it looks like they split it into two deliveries, so hopefully they included the note in both.

Back