N&G Secret Santa

I think Amazon does give the option to combine shipping (though it can delay delivery time) if some of ya amazon shopper wanna go that route. I believe it’s an option on the check out screen.

For those shipping from the US to UK...be prepared for a sticker shock.

A 4 pound box with 3 records was $71 bucks.

This was the cheapest according to my mail lady.
Yes, shipping for individuals in the US to anywhere abroad is awful. Literally multiple times more expensive. As much as I would have liked to do something custom, I ordered for my Secret Santa on Amazon for that very reason.

Enjoying reading all your gifts and givers. Sorry to whoever was my Santa for not including a list but it makes receiving more exciting as I have no idea what will come. Also I have not put a note with my gifts but I reckon one of the records could be a clue.

Enjoying reading all your gifts and givers. Sorry to whoever was my Santa for not including a list but it makes receiving more exciting as I have no idea what will come. Also I have not put a note with my gifts but I reckon one of the records could be a clue.

I hope it’s THE record. Or Dio. Or better, both!

Yes, shipping for individuals in the US to anywhere abroad is awful. Literally multiple times more expensive. As much as I would have liked to do something custom, I ordered for my Secret Santa on Amazon for that very reason.

I don't think I've had to send anything out before - my only experience is getting packages from the UK - and not paying anything close to that.

But I signed up for Secret Santa to send a gift - not drop ship a record....so I paid it.

I don't think I've had to send anything out before - my only experience is getting packages from the UK - and not paying anything close to that.

But I signed up for Secret Santa to send a gift - not drop ship a record....so I paid it.
I doubt it but would DHL be any cheaper? They seem to process a lot of international shipment FROM over seas. I am surprised at $71

This is all after-the-fact, unhelpful stuff but, if you have a PayPal account, a scale, and a printer, you can use this link:

https://www.paypal. com/?cmd=_ship-now

And see what your price options are. Sometimes, you can find an option that is better than what a post office employee might offer. It's been a while since I shipped something 4 pounds internationally, so I can't guarantee there is cheaper but mailing pins and small stuff internationally is like $15 on PayPal and then like way way more expensive when I check the usps shipping calculator.

all I know is that every option for any item I want to ship to my sister in Belgium at any time is $$$$, so now she gets her gedunks delivered infrequently by hand when I buy a plane ticket instead.

the few times I snagged stuff for her outside of that were items I could order from an EU webstore.

I doubt it but would DHL be any cheaper? They seem to process a lot of international shipment FROM over seas. I am surprised at $71
Generally USPS is the cheapest until you get to large packages or into commercial/contract shipping.

Shipping a single record to the UK costs about $20-30, depending, whereas it's about half or less from the UK to US. It's a hassle too, so I generally will only ship Internationally to Canada, which while much more expensive then media mail, usually isnt too outrageous.

This is all after-the-fact, unhelpful stuff but, if you have a PayPal account, a scale, and a printer, you can use this link:

https://www.paypal. com/?cmd=_ship-now

And see what your price options are. Sometimes, you can find an option that is better than what a post office employee might offer. It's been a while since I shipped something 4 pounds internationally, so I can't guarantee there is cheaper but mailing pins and small stuff internationally is like $15 on PayPal and then like way way more expensive when I check the usps shipping calculator.
This is all I use, then I take it to work and have it go out from there ;)

Link is broken btw...

Best I could find is someone who is mildly frustrated that their Santee provided no list or info. Lol. Been exclusively merry and cheery otherwise.
Hope that's not me, lol. I didn't get a list from my Santee, but that just means they're at my mercy ;)

......or as my niece used to say "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" lol

Secret Santa, you went above and beyond. Thank you kindly. Everything arrived unscathed.

Pictured is:
The Books - Thought For Food
Jim O'Rourke - Bad Timing
Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Hi-voltage Records sticker
Hawkeye comic
Daredevil comic
Envelope with the hand drawn modern Portland Trail Blazers "Rip City" logo (I melted when I saw this!), enclosed inside was a lovingly written rationale for the choices + Santa drawing.

20191204_121308.jpg
1575488126794246995180.jpg
Thank you so much for this, @TenderLovingKiller®. I am humbled by your generous gift, and this wonderful forum. I now know that I need to step up my effort level next year.

Santee, your gift should arrive tomorrow!

EDIT: Now my address should be hidden. Thank you, @Teeeee.

Last edited:
Back