Baseball

That’s a game Justin Verlander will remember for a long time. Picked up his 3,000th career strikeout, AND his 300th strikeout of the season in the same game. Now we see how Cole finishes the regular season tomorrow. Not sure who winds up with the Cy Young. I’d probably lean JV, but it’s really close.

Nats! OMG. That was something. Max has an off night, sure, let's put in Strasburg as a reliever. And we'll wait until the bottom of the 8th to really get some offense going.

I will say this about them - they do not give up. Stay in the fight, Nats!!!

Also, I'm pleased that Juan Soto is now the young face of the Nats. (Although, he needs to chill out and not get tagged out because he's too busy celebrating. That could have been bad news).

Also, I'm pleased that Juan Soto is now the young face of the Nats. (Although, he needs to chill out and not get tagged out because he's too busy celebrating. That could have been bad news).

I think the Dodgers/Nats series will be a good one.

We are at just over 3 hours til the Cards/Braves series to start - looks like it will be a good one. I think it's pretty even matched. It may depend on how well the Cards hit - and how injured Freeman and Acuna actually are.

I think it will go to 5 games - and Flaherty is starting that one.

Cards pull out a win in game 1.

Flaherty tomorrow.

May not get to 5 games.

Son of a biscuit.

Prediction: Nats win the next game. And then back to LA for the Dodgers to win in 5.

Sigh.

Feel like there's no stopping this Astros team. They're going to destroy the Yankees. Their pitching is just next level. Verlander and Cole are BY FAR the two best pitchers of the season. And I don't see anyone in the National league who can combat their lineup and rotation without some luck.

Feel like there's no stopping this Astros team. They're going to destroy the Yankees. Their pitching is just next level. Verlander and Cole are BY FAR the two best pitchers of the season. And I don't see anyone in the National league who can combat their lineup and rotation without some luck.

I dunno. I just want to get past the Rays, to be honest. I have a feeling the Astros might drop the game today. I like Greinke, but I just feel like the Rays get this one today for some reason. I was really nervous about this series, and I would have been just as nervous for different reasons if we had played the A's. It has taken two historically good pitching performances to take the 2-0 lead in this series. I want to see the bats come alive a bit more.

I think the Yankees will be a tough matchup if and when it happens. I feel like the Astros would have the edge on paper, but the Yankees lineup is no joke. Power from top to bottom, and their pitching has been better than I expected. You have to tip your hat to the Yankees for not only surviving all of those injuries this season, but somehow thriving. I thought at some point they would fade a bit, but they never did. Yankee stadium, especially during the playoffs, is a really tough environment. That is why the Astros were gunning so hard for the home field advantage in the AL. I think they are going to need it, so I'm glad they did end up getting it.

As far as the NL teams...I don't really feel like the Astros fared well against the NL teams they played this year. I don't know what their record was, but I know the Reds and Pirates had success against them. I think the Reds swept them. You just never know. I've seen the Astros offense go fairly quiet at times this season, and then have that starting pitching bail them out. That's asking a lot though in the playoffs when seemingly every at bat is a high pressure situation. I hope you're right, but, it's baseball, and sometimes the script gets tossed out the window.

I will say that having 2 of the first 3 games of this series played at Noon/1:00 CDT absolutely blows. I mean, at least I can track the game at work, but, this is the second year in a row we've gotten the shaft in terms of game times. I get that the Yankees equal ratings, but MLB should really balance things out a little more evenly. Frankly, I was shocked they didn't give the Yankees the night slot on Saturday too.

❤❤❤❤
I am a low-key yankee fan, I should say. I was OBSESSED with them growing up always watching every game each season. Surprisingly, they never won when I was really into them. I don’t remember watching the late 90s Championships. I do remember watching them lose to Arizona in 2001 and then every year again until I stopped around or before 2009 when they won again. I still follow the happenings but I just can’t watch a game live, too boring unless I’m there in person.

Back