Zu Dirty Weekend

So, a week with Zu and I can't wait to hear the next song. Like I'm sure everyone does, I read everything online I could before I placed my order. I am super happy to say I have found none of the negative comments to be true. Mine are not to bright or fatiguing. Bass is perfect, heavy, meaty. I listen all day Monday thru Friday. Fire them up at 7am when I log in to work. They get a mix of FM in the morning then vinyl and cd's till at least 5pm. Now the long weekend. Already kicked back on the couch listening to the new Billy F Gibbons, hell yeah it's BEER30. Enjoy your holiday, stay safe.

So would a Sansui 881 be a good match with the D/W?

I am considering a pair as well. Everything I have read on forums and reviews is that they sound good with a lot of different set ups. People seem to think they sound particularly good with a tube and vintage amps. I think one reviewer was using the Marantz 2270; not sure how this compares to your 881. I would also be interested if anyone here has first hand knowledge.

So is it worth the upgrade if your only streaming music and cd's ripped to a hard drive. Moving soon, so I sold off most of gear. Current setup is a Sansui 881 and Elac F-6 speakers.

I hate that I want the Dirty Weekends so bad. When I got my B&W606 they were close. Is it bad I want both?LOL

I had the same reaction with my Souls, as I've detailed somewhere in one of these threads. Definitely wasn't a fan of their bass when using spikes on my carpet, but it blossomed into something amazing when I put them on 12"x12" bamboo cutting boards with the ball feet.

Something like this?

A111F081-E24C-499C-BE87-ECD0D3AC7767.jpeg

Back