Zu Dirty Weekend

My friend also got an early order in and has been told his speakers will ship by the 21st.

So early in with deposit on March 14. Sale went live April 2. Email from Sean today will ship May 1. I'm getting to old to wait. (64) haha
I may be repeating myself here, but as a DW owner, and speaking on behalf of some of the others on this forum who have them, or even other Zu models - take time to play around with placement. Initial reactions to Zus are sometimes underwhelming until folks begin adjusting placement. The general consensus is that some degree of toe in sounds best. Aiming them directly at the listening position has given me the best results, personally.

The distance between the bottom of the speaker and the floor can make a big difference too. With a smaller powered amp, I needed them a little higher off the ground to generate more bass. When I moved up to a much more bass capable amp, I needed to lower the speakers to keep them from getting too boomy.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. May will be here in no time...

Last edited:
Have you contacted them? I would count sale close date as my time line, but if they gave you a “ship by” date I would check on the status.

I ordered the Omen bookshelf speakers through regular website and got them this week, but they were full price. I’m sure those sell less too so there may have have been surplus of parts to put together and send.

Thanks for the replies.
The early in advised it would close as soon as the first 100 or so that were ready to ship were sold. I got my order in that morning. I checked later and the early in was closed. That was March 14. By April 8 I hadn't heard anything so I emailed something like I know things are crazy with the Covid could I get an update. Then I get a reply from Sean on April 16, apology for the lag in response that my speakers were almost ready for burn in and would email me info for final payment and ship on May 1. I emailed today, I haven't heard anything can I get an update.
I'm an old guy been buying records and equipment since 1972. I work for a major bank from home. My listening room is my office and I listen anywhere from 9 to 20 hours a day. Two months is a long time to wait on something I can use every day. I understand these are trying times for some more than others. I feel guilty for being this way about something like a set of speakers as I am so lucky. Working from in a rural area, groceries, to go meals and beer delivered, wife is working from home for a month now and I'm bitching about speakers.
Sorry for the long rant thanks again for all of replies.

Thanks for the replies.
The early in advised it would close as soon as the first 100 or so that were ready to ship were sold. I got my order in that morning. I checked later and the early in was closed. That was March 14. By April 8 I hadn't heard anything so I emailed something like I know things are crazy with the Covid could I get an update. Then I get a reply from Sean on April 16, apology for the lag in response that my speakers were almost ready for burn in and would email me info for final payment and ship on May 1. I emailed today, I haven't heard anything can I get an update.
I'm an old guy been buying records and equipment since 1972. I work for a major bank from home. My listening room is my office and I listen anywhere from 9 to 20 hours a day. Two months is a long time to wait on something I can use every day. I understand these are trying times for some more than others. I feel guilty for being this way about something like a set of speakers as I am so lucky. Working from in a rural area, groceries, to go meals and beer delivered, wife is working from home for a month now and I'm bitching about speakers.
Sorry for the long rant thanks again for all of replies.
Sadly, I think the wait was to be expected when you ordered (maybe not as long as you have waited, but they DWs do take time to be made and burned in from everything I have heard). A lot of companies, as you know, have been understaffed and limited in what they can do during this time. I've had some similar experiences and I know it can be frustrating as a consumer, but I'm also a small business owner and know how COVID has all affected businesses everywhere. They are a company with a good reputation so I'm sure you will get the speakers and will be happy with them soon! it also doesn't help that 2 months now has felt like 3 years to me, maybe it has been the same for you haha.

So after missing my advised ship date of May 1, today i get a email advising my speakers wont ship this Friday either but will ship May 15. All walnut cabinets will ship same day. That's great except I ordered rustic hickory.

Have you spoken with them recently?
So after missing my advised ship date of May 1, today i get a email advising my speakers wont ship this Friday either but will ship May 15. All walnut cabinets will ship same day. That's great except I ordered rustic hickory.

Last night I had multiple emails with Sean. Some confusion with which order went with which email. I'm thinking they were sending lots of emails. My order is correct and he added a t-shirt and a mission RCA cable for the mix up and delay. He advised they had a tweeter problem and a batch of them did not pass quality. He said my speakers should be ready to start burn in today, and ship next week.

Last night I had multiple emails with Sean. Some confusion with which order went with which email. I'm thinking they were sending lots of emails. My order is correct and he added a t-shirt and a mission RCA cable for the mix up and delay. He advised they had a tweeter problem and a batch of them did not pass quality. He said my speakers should be ready to start burn in today, and ship next week.
Sucks that you had to deal with that but it’s cool they are adding the cable and shirt to try to make it up to ya. I have some of the Zu libtec speaker cables and they are awesome.

The Zu Crew really are great to deal with. The wait will be worth it.

Back