Zu Dirty Weekend

OMG thats a $200.00 cable.
As I mentioned earlier, their cables are very nice. I used to buy them on their eBay shop at a significant discount (per a recommendation from someone on here) but sadly seems like a lot of people have found out about it and while the prices are still lower than list price, it’s more than I typically want to spend on cables.

Ahhhhhh I'm 64 years old and I just looked at my 36 yr old wife and say have you heard of PUSA she says yeah, The Presidents of the United States. She really knows all music, even my stuff from the 70's. Then we watch a video of them on Letterman from 1995.
I have missed much. Hey I did just turn her on to Beastie Boys The Mix Up I'm really loving it, like i said I've missed much.

They get the least amount of burn in time compared to the rest of the Zu lineup. You may hear some changes as they settle in more. For me, bass depth improved over time.

Thanks. I think they sound great right out of the box. More bass over time even better. My wife and I are both shocked at the sound, it's so different it's hard to explain. We stayed up way to late last night and to many beers, we just couldn't stop listening.
Ah that makes me so happy especially with how long you had to wait! I'll make the move to them eventually.

Thanks. I think they sound great right out of the box. More bass over time even better. My wife and I are both shocked at the sound, it's so different it's hard to explain. We stayed up way to late last night and to many beers, we just couldn't stop listening.

If you like them now, give them 400-500 hours more. You’ll love them. Zus seem to take a long time to break in.

If you like them now, give them 400-500 hours more. You’ll love them. Zus seem to take a long time to break in.
I was JUST coming in here to ask about this. My Zu bookshelf's are hiding drums in the mix and anything in that range was not clear. The 500 to 800k range was a tiny bit bitey. the depth is amazing, but not as clear as my last much less expensive set. Yesterday I heard the drums much more clearly (as in tom rolls and kick). The bite is smoothing out already. I like a pinch of low mid punch, so hoping that comes forward too.

Thanks guys. Hi Fi Guy, you were right they were well worth the wait. The quality and performance are phenomenal. Absolutely can't wait for the next song. They are so different from anything I've had or heard before. Oh, so I unboxed them in a fairly large living room hardwood floor about 10 am. Let them warm up till about 6 pm and we couldn't wait so we listened to spotify with a amp an laptop we were amazed hahahaha. Moved them to my office space with carpet and I hated the spikes, all this just to say they sound even better with original feet sitting on 12x12 ceramic tiles left over from a kitchen update, if you have carpet give it a shot. Again thanks for the replies have fun and stay safe.

Moved them to my office space with carpet and I hated the spikes, all this just to say they sound even better with original feet sitting on 12x12 ceramic tiles left over from a kitchen update, if you have carpet give it a shot. Again thanks for the replies have fun and stay safe.
I had the same reaction with my Souls, as I've detailed somewhere in one of these threads. Definitely wasn't a fan of their bass when using spikes on my carpet, but it blossomed into something amazing when I put them on 12"x12" bamboo cutting boards with the ball feet.

Oh man; now you have me wondering if there would be a difference in sound ceramic tile vs bamboo cutting board. I was really afraid the tiles would make the sound thin or glassy but it was totally opposite bass is deeper ? This experiment will be down the road.

Hmm. I might need to try that. My Soul Supremes sound amazing with carpet spikes and a cheap home theater with 8-ohm outputs. I'll try to hold off until I finish the real amp before I play around with them. This makes me wonder what they're really capable of!

Hmm. I might need to try that. My Soul Supremes sound amazing with carpet spikes and a cheap home theater with 8-ohm outputs. I'll try to hold off until I finish the real amp before I play around with them. This makes me wonder what they're really capable of!

You’ll be shocked. Any slight criticism I had with the Souls is now gone with a change in cartridge and phono stage.

You’ll be shocked. Any slight criticism I had with the Souls is now gone with a change in cartridge and phono stage.
That's what I'm afraid of. The amp is slowly getting closer. I'll start the circuit boards around the input tubes tomorrow, and then it will be time for the output transformers. I guess it's time to ask @AnthonyI where to find the best rubber pants.

Back