Zu Dirty Weekend

Actually, "Omen Dirty Weekend features the same nanotech full-range driver and super-tweeter as the standard Omen Mk.II (these are not refurbished drivers)."

I think that the number of requests to upgrade Omens with the newer drivers eventually slowed down, so Zu no longer has the flow of old drivers to recycle.

oh, interesting.

I sold my GoldenEar Triton Three+ speakers the other day and i’ve been back on the Zu train for a bit... man, I forgot how good these things sound. Seriously, they remain an absolute steal at their price point. I’ve heard a bunch of stuff in the 500-2k range and these remain the best. Highly recommend.

I sold my GoldenEar Triton Three+ speakers the other day and i’ve been back on the Zu train for a bit... man, I forgot how good these things sound. Seriously, they remain an absolute steal at their price point. I’ve heard a bunch of stuff in the 500-2k range and these remain the best. Highly recommend.
I haven’t heard either, but my assumption was that the GoldenEar would be the better speaker. It looks so (overly?) engineered that I assumed there would be a big payoff.

I haven’t heard either, but my assumption was that the GoldenEar would be the better speaker. It looks so (overly?) engineered that I assumed there would be a big payoff.

It’s interesting, I’d say the GE 3+ are better, that’s true— I sold them to help finance the step up to the GE 2+. But they’re better for particular reasons. They have the built in powered subs, so if you like sub bass, that’s a huge bonus. They also image really well. They’re relatively sensitive, so wide range of amps will play nice with them. The Zus have that really gorgeous open sound, and they’re lightning fast, and there’s only one crossover to the really high tweeter, I forget what frequency exactly. Bass wise the Zu are adequate, they couldn’t compete with the GE, but that’s not really their thing. They’re different sounds, both good. I preferred the GE and still plan on upgrading, but for the money I’d say the Zu DWs are the best bargain around still.

I only wish we were able to hear these "Indie" brands first. Near impossible these day unfortunately.

Back