Wax Buyers Club

--> Kurt Elling - SuperBlue - Vinyle – Wax Buyers Club ;)

It seems this pressing has been done with a minimum of copy. Even if the barcode shows it is the clear vinyl version, I can not be sure it is. The distribution guy has no info about it.

Damn this album is good!
Ordered! I hope you don't mind but I also went ahead and re-subbed for another three months now rather than waiting for the renewal email at the end of the month.

Do I mind if a subscriber resumes a subscription before I ask him. Um, I'll think about it. 😂

Thanks!
Right after I did it I thought, "I hope the system realizes this is a subscription renewal and I'm not asking for a new subscription that starts with another Donald Byrd record." 😅

Right after I did it I thought, "I hope the system realizes this is a subscription renewal and I'm not asking for a new subscription that starts with another Donald Byrd record." 😅
I'm sure you might live with 2 copy of this records. :D

But the system, far from perfect, does not authorise this. So no worries. :)

It was worth the wait.
image_123927839.JPG

One thing I noticed is this is the exact same lineup as the previous WBC Donald Byrd release Byrd in Paris, just recorded a few months earlier. But the setlist is completely different, with no overlap between the two albums. If there's one thing I feel is missing a little bit in comparing the two albums is Byrd in Paris had a couple of moments where Donald spoke to the audience -- introducing songs and band members -- which you don't get at all in Cannes '58.

No surprise, but this is another winner from WBC. Looking forward to having this record in heavy rotation in the coming weeks and months. :)

It was worth the wait.
View attachment 128043

One thing I noticed is this is the exact same lineup as the previous WBC Donald Byrd release Byrd in Paris, just recorded a few months earlier. But the setlist is completely different, with no overlap between the two albums. If there's one thing I feel is missing a little bit in comparing the two albums is Byrd in Paris had a couple of moments where Donald spoke to the audience -- introducing songs and band members -- which you don't get at all in Cannes '58.

No surprise, but this is another winner from WBC. Looking forward to having this record in heavy rotation in the coming weeks and months. :)
It was about time! Very happy for you : one month to get trought is a long time even for US from France. :( As you know february ROTM will take time to land on your turntable but for other reason. The good news is that your order has been shipped this morning.

I totally agree with you : I miss Byrd's voice on this live.

It was worth the wait.
View attachment 128043

Mine arrived safe and sound yesterday too! Excited to listen to it today!

Good morning all,

I come to give you some news from the Club. Ours members know, the February vinyl is behind schedule. It's not really a surprise, everyone knows that the factories are under water and as a result, the labels and the record stores. I will send an email to subscribers to warn them that this week's delivery scheduled for us is still delayed. It's not easy, the March records will certainly be released before the February does.

To reassure everyone, I should be quiet for the next 6 months. But we never know. In any case, the subscribers were for the most part very understanding.

On the side of changes AND good news:
- I'm announcing the Mars record soon. They come from Bath in England, are produced by a small French label that I haven't worked with for a long time... and the record is terrific. I can not wait.
- I am changing carrier, at least for France. It will be pretty transparent to everyone.
- We now offer 3 months of subscription to the Qobuz streaming platform for all new subscribers. The elders are not left out: they will receive a code in April. I really like this platform which offers a much fairer remuneration to artists.
- Our prices will increase! But only for monthly subscriptions France, newcomers. We save the furniture. :)

Well, I thought it was important to keep you posted.

- I'm announcing the Mars record soon. They come from Bath in England, are produced by a small French label that I haven't worked with for a long time... and the record is terrific. I can not wait.

Ooh, ooh! I want to guess!

The Natural Yogurt Band - Braille, Slate & Stylus

-Released on BMM Records
-The last WBC from BMM Records was the Fat Badgers in 2017 (I think)
-The band is from the UK. Their Bandcamp says Breaston, but I failed geography so I have no idea if that's close or not to Bath.

So if my french is good enough wax buyer Club comes with a special offer quobuz subscription in the moment.
@Edd might clarify

It's my favorite time of year: when a batch of Sam Records albums show up in the WBC shop. I grabbed the Barney Wilen and Nathan Davis triple LP.

Reactions: Edd
Back