Wax Buyers Club

Front-Cover-Georges-Arvanitas-Sam-Records_7344896.webp

Just joined - still bummed about missing that live Jef Gilson LP from a couple years ago and I don’t want to miss this one.

A super speedy delivery from @Edd! Thanks so much, looks fantastic and I will be listening to it the first chance I get!

I only signed up for the month to get this record, but will definitely dip in and out again as I have done in the past. Can't go wrong with the Sam Record & Wax Buyers Club collaborations!!

IMG_9578.JPG

Noticed the site is kind of dead. Will it be back in time for the next ROTM announcement?
Hello Christopher.

Honestly I don’t know. We are on the problem for three days now and it is a mess. If it does not come back by the announcement, members will receive a mail to get the info.

At best, we will we be late of a week. At worst… December is a big month for us. I’ll see.

As usual : customers first. Please be patient.

Last edited:
Man, I'm really sorry you're going through this. Because it's not just the ROTM announcement, your entire online store is unavailable. That has to really be a hit on your income.

Man, I'm really sorry you're going through this. Because it's not just the ROTM announcement, your entire online store is unavailable. That has to really be a hit on your income.
It is obviously not a good news. As you may know, WBC is a side projet : I do not earn a living with it. Just want to share what I love.

Thought, it is a nasty period for everybody.

Email update from Edd:

Hello,

We started yesterday the reconstruction of the website, and postponed the exclusive vinyl records of the coming month to be able to start again as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I have received a multitude of messages and notifications from current and past WaxBuyersClub subscribers. All your messages are incredibly warm and encouraging, 1000 thanks.

Many of you have asked me how to help us.

The easiest way for now is to go through the WaxBuyersClub Discogs store, which are offered at or near cost price.

You will be able to treat yourself at the same time, for the holidays. Your purchases will be shipped immediately.

Ed.

Email update from Edd:
Thanks Christopher. Yes there are great deals to be had on Discogs!

For the moment, I'm focusing on the subscribers who are waiting for records (and who will have them) and the 2 labels who are waiting to be paid... trying to delay the next vinyls of the month, talking with insurance and going up a site that lost 4 years of data. Not to mention the rest. :D

In short, it's sport but there may be solutions. We'll see.

Subscribers are awesome. I think it was about customers, it's actually more than that.

😔 WaxBuyersClub is over. Thank you @Edd for your work and all the best to you. Hope to see you around from time to time.

Very sad news.

Whilst I was only a monthly subscriber when a specific record caught my eye, I was always impressed with the quality of the overall packages and Ed couldn't be more friendly and helpful.

All the best with the future @Edd

Just a portion of my WBC collection. I discovered some remarkable artists thanks to Ed and WBC and it also provided me a (somewhat) affordable way to import European-only records like Deluxe albums and releases from Sam Records. Gonna miss it. :(

Thanks everybody. This means a lot to me. As we said in France, c'est la vie.

The Wax Buyers Club was a side project, which I led in my spare time. I met lots of great people and learned a lot of things. it has never been simple: the business of music and the Internet are not amusement parks for children. Having been part of the landscape for a while and helping to highlight a few records, I would keep that.

I have a few records left from Sam Records and others on Discogs, for those who might be interested. Before the end of April it will be closed. ;)

Back