Wax Buyers Club

About five minutes after I tweeted that I was stumped by this clue, I figured it out. ;)

I just picked up the previous WBC release from the store and am excited for this one.

Reactions: Edd
Update: Sam Records have all been great, although I haven't gotten to Nathan Davis yet.

Also, the Waxidermist is fucking amazing. Just like Clouds in a Headlock, this feels like a record personally tailored to my taste in hip hop.

Update: Sam Records have all been great, although I haven't gotten to Nathan Davis yet.

Also, the Waxidermist is fucking amazing. Just like Clouds in a Headlock, this feels like a record personally tailored to my taste in hip hop.
Oh so proud to read this.

Hey @Edd ! Any chance that you can have a few Diggers Factory releases added to the store like you did in the past? I'd like to buy Zoxea - Tout Dans La Tête and Mafia K'1 Fry -Jusqu'à la Mort (Édition noire) but they charge shipping twice...

Hey @Edd ! Any chance that you can have a few Diggers Factory releases added to the store like you did in the past? I'd like to buy Zoxea - Tout Dans La Tête and Mafia K'1 Fry -Jusqu'à la Mort (Édition noire) but they charge shipping twice...
I’ll take a look at it, no worries. The distributor is PIAS.

I do not like to have too much DF release in the shop since they launch their vinyl club… even if the shipping policy is… 🤯

All right. I'll get Mafia K'1 Fry, release date third week of june. I have not seen Zoxea, but I keep my eyes open. :)

All right. I'll get Mafia K'1 Fry, release date third week of june. I have not seen Zoxea, but I keep my eyes open. :)

Please let me know when it's in the store or you can even put one copy aside for me. Thank you Edd!

Heh, and I was planning on picking that up on next Bandcamp Friday, too.

I'm assuming the pressing is the same, with vocals on Side A, instrumental on Side B?

Yes. Exclusive color and cover thought. I know this is An EP, but well, I’m weak when it is about exclusive…

I don't know who these kids are or where they came from, but they fucking rock. Well worth the wait, your curation remains outstanding, Ed. (y)

Thanks! More than my curation, I think we do have same taste in music!

Johnni Carwash is from Lyon, famous city in France for its gastronomy. As you can imagine they are pretty young. So young that they were far from being born when the bands that inspire them released their first albums. And it makes me feel so old.

We really waited for this album... the masters were ready at the beginning of last summer. But the label, like many small labels, had to change press (many were "fired" to give priority to the biggest buyers).

So we worked for the first time with "La Manufacture de Vinyles" in Annecy, France. They have few machines but above all not the technology or the know-how to make acetate. Although ordered in September, the acetates were delivered from Germany with a crazy delay. To add to the fun, the Test Press was validated with great difficulty with the group who had a doubt on a track. But finally the discs arrived... on a Wednesday evening 2 or 3 weeks ago, and sent out on Thursday morning after a short night.

In the end, it's great: the rendering of the splatter is really great, the colors match the cover. The quality of the vinyl is there and the album is really good. This band deserves some big scenes.

Back