Wax Buyers Club

This box from France arrived the other day and for a brief moment of hope, I thought @Edd secretly restarted WBC:

eA3ukqj.jpg

Alas, it was actually the Vinyl Williams record I bought on Bandcamp Friday, sent by the album's record label:

wdQ9bIB.jpg

I'm guessing Ed gave them his unshipped WBC mailers since he isn't going to need them any more. :(

Still, it's thanks to WBC that I discovered Vinyl Williams in the first place, so in a way it kind of was like getting a final WBC record of the month.

Ah ah sorry for the bad surprise! (you haven't received your last package from the WBC yet? I looked at the follow-up 2 days ago, it's not moving fast I'm worried).

Yes, the label which accompanies me since the beginning needed cardboard and to resell to them gave me a helping hand to pay the last invoices and to leave cleanly. I've worked with many totally passionate and honest labels. They are part of it.

If you're interested @NewsFedora , and the others, there are currently several discs that are running and which are a bit like "wbc lost editions". 4 of them even have the logo on the backcover!

Here are the links for those who are interested, and in addition it will help the labels because they had to take on a little larger pressings than usual because of me. If you order put a word to them about the WBC, they'll be happy.

—> Clear Blue Green Vinyl

—> Super limited Marbled edition

—> Limited Water edition

—> white splatter red (or black and white, I don't know)

Thanks, I'll check those four albums out. I kind of wondered what was going to happen to the upcoming WBC releases when the club ended.

And I forgot to tell you, but I did get the last box you sent a week or so ago. I think the post office forgot to scan it at delivery so it never updated online, but the records arrived safely and have spent some time on my turntable :)

Reactions: Edd
Thanks, I'll check those four albums out. I kind of wondered what was going to happen to the upcoming WBC releases when the club ended.

And I forgot to tell you, but I did get the last box you sent a week or so ago. I think the post office forgot to scan it at delivery so it never updated online, but the records arrived safely and have spent some time on my turntable :)
I did choose some very frenchy release. Note 100% you'll like them but pretty confident not much in US will have those records.

Mail call!

WTf6SLS.jpg

a8z3Pxf.jpg

I waited too long on Cosmopaark and it looks like it's now sold out, unfortunately. Minimal Orchestra and Hayden Besswood are both absolute bangers, though.

Thanks, Ed, for helping me continue to find new music even if WBC is no more.

Last edited:
Mail call!

I waited too long on Cosmopaark and it looks like it's now sold out, unfortunately. Minimal Orchestra and Hayden Besswood are both absolute bangers, though.

Thanks, Ed, for helping me continue to find new music even if WBC is no more.
This post is very very cool! thanks. Minimal Orchestra is pretty good isn't it?

Hayden Besswood is making some noise here in France.

I did not know that Cosmopaark was sold out, this is good news for the label because they had a lot of extra records because of me. Maybe you'll find it on discogs?

This post is very very cool! thanks. Minimal Orchestra is pretty good isn't it?

Hayden Besswood is making some noise here in France.

I did not know that Cosmopaark was sold out, this is good news for the label because they had a lot of extra records because of me. Maybe you'll find it on discogs?
Yeah, I legit love both Minimal Orchestra and Hayden Besswood. Minimal Orchestra kind of reminds me a bit of Thom Yorke's solo electronic beeps and bloops music, and maybe it's just me but Hayden's vocals on occasion remind me a little of Damon Albarn. I'm looking forward to more from both in the future.

Oh, and I did some looking and I think the Cosmopaark inventory got split up between a couple of labels. It's currently available and in stock at Flippin' Freaks Records:

So hopefully I'll have that one on the way soon. :)

Hey @Edd! At this time we would all be super excited with that Sam Records exclusive coming by the end of the month.

I hope you are safe and doing well. Happy holidays!
Cheers @Skalap,

I think Fred is releasing enough records at the moment to keep some excitement going. ;)

I thank you for this thought. 1 year exactly without the Wax Buyers Club. After 92 records this month, I'm just starting to stop thinking about it, ha ha! Everything is going well, I'm starting to buy records again: let's see if it's a good or bad sign!

Back