Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

VMP's made some really great picks for the end of the year! My record collections says so šŸ˜‚

View attachment 67454
Yaaaaaaaas! You literally have nearly all of the next 3 ROTMā€™s from each track! Thatā€™s insane! I want to meet you now! For you to already have those albums is insane! I would love to get to know you on a deeper level because I can imagine you would be a God when it comes to enjoying music! šŸ†šŸ¤©šŸ˜±šŸ˜šŸ†

Wow! This is such a great story! I have to make sure I visit you when I come to the U.S. in the future!!!

Interesting that you say Led Zeppelin is quite boring to you now but one of their albums - Physical Graffiti - remains one of your favourite albums ever!!!

Oh, sorry....I meant Phy Graf is my fave Zep, not ever. I don't know if boring is necessarily right. It's just I listened to them so much when I was younger. Of course, there are other bands the same. I listened to albums like NIN DS, or SP Siamese Dream/MCIS, or Floyd's DSOTM ad nauseum in my youth but I still come back to those.

I won't denigrate Zep as a whole but just my own listening habits make me unlikely to put on, say, Zep I or II. They were doing what they were doing excellently - but it doesn't excite me the way it used to. It holds its place in the rock Mt Olympus for a reason; I just don't pray to those gods anymore.

Can't believe they actually got OST. Hopefully there's some store exclusives for some of their other Om releases.
I had a feeling it was gonna be it! I knew I was hyping myself up for it for good reason! VMP are that great when it comes to ROTMā€™s that I knew it was more likely we were gonna get O.S.T., compared to Power In Numbers!

Yes, weā€™ve received some disappointing R&HH picks this year - Future and N*E*R*D are the two for me - but VMP usually hit the target more times than they miss it! I think the Salt-N-Pepa pick is even great! The Rick Ross pick was also great! Every other R&HH pick has been stellar! Literally every R&HH ROTM from the second half of 2020 (July-December) has been amazing!

Oh, sorry....I meant Phy Graf is my fave Zep, not ever. I don't know if boring is necessarily right. It's just I listened to them so much when I was younger. Of course, there are other bands the same. I listened to albums like NIN DS, or SP Siamese Dream/MCIS, or Floyd's DSOTM ad nauseum in my youth but I still come back to those.

I won't denigrate Zep as a whole but just my own listening habits make me unlikely to put on, say, Zep I or II. They were doing what they were doing excellently - but it doesn't excite me the way it used to. It holds its place in the rock Mt Olympus for a reason; I just don't pray to those gods anymore.
Ahhhh gotcha! I thought you legit meant Physical Graffiti was your favourite album and I was going to be like ā€œStop right there Lord šŸ¤Øā€ haha!

I love Pink Floydā€™s Dark Side Of The Moon! Itā€™s such a great album! šŸ”„šŸŒˆšŸŒ‘

Muddy Waters would be a great pickup. Stankonia from Essentials would be cool too but I would also feel a little weird owning 3 and 4 for me in their main albums and not 1 and 2 lol. Also, not spending $43/$80 for them. Let me start crying after inevitably missing Curren$y on Saturday and I may drown my sorrows in Redman lol.

Not that familiar with POTS and for some reason that Big Boi didn't click with me at the time and never really went back to it. I'll have to give it another shot but can't see me wanting to spend $43 on it.

I can relate, for the last 20+ years Iā€™ve considered Zep one of my top 2 favorite artists, but I burned out on their records when I was younger and nowadays the only one I can must the energy to spin is Presence (sometimes In Through the Out Door and maaaaybe Physical Graffiti).

Lacquers cut by Ryan Smith, plated at QRP, pressed at GZ. Not sure how that stacks up against the current available pressing
Thanks to you and @duke86fan for the details. Yea that last part is what I am most curious about...I already own Stankonia and deciding if I should re-sub for the bridge deal. I think I might be out though...I figure if I truly end up wanting any of these pressings, I can always grab them as a single release on discogs later. Nothing jumped out at me as a must have aside from Dreams which is already getting another reissue at LITA.

Thanks to you and @duke86fan for the details. Yea that last part is what I am most curious about...I already own Stankonia and deciding if I should re-sub for the bridge deal. I think I might be out though...I figure if I truly end up wanting any of these pressings, I can always grab them as a single release on discogs later. Nothing jumped out at me as a must have aside from Dreams which is already getting another reissue at LITA.
Yeah Iā€™m feeling the fomo tug for real on Outkast and Redman but I think Iā€™m calling it a month with Dreams and JLH. Those are two that will get plenty of rotations up in here, canā€™t say the same about Outkast and Redman :/

Yeah Iā€™m feeling the fomo tug for real on Outkast and Redman but I think Iā€™m calling it a month with Dreams and JLH. Those are two that will get plenty of rotations up in here, canā€™t say the same about Outkast and Redman :/
I already grabbed the restock of JLH a few weeks back and that was the one I would have felt a little bummed about missing.

Back