Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Bold strategy Rahawk
Redman and Outlast were already instant buys for me, I only became familiar with Szabo a couple weeks when someone guessed it would be him but a different album Bacchanal . I really liked that album It was a really cool album to drive around the city to so I’m going take a chance that I m gonna dig this one also.

From the mastering and pressing details, I think the VMP pressing off OutKast will sound a bit better than the MOV pressing! The MOV pressing does sound very crisp, and clean but like @Mather said, lacks dynamics - which is something a lot of MOV pressings lack despite sounding clean and clear!

Still, that MOV pressing of Stankonia does sound and it’s easily better than the original pressing; which also sounds decent!

Thanks to you and @duke86fan for the details. Yea that last part is what I am most curious about...I already own Stankonia and deciding if I should re-sub for the bridge deal. I think I might be out though...I figure if I truly end up wanting any of these pressings, I can always grab them as a single release on discogs later. Nothing jumped out at me as a must have aside from Dreams which is already getting another reissue at LITA.
I am in the same boat but decided to go for it. I Own non-MOV pressing which is fine but not amazing but I love this album and would enjoy have a gatefold Jacket and I think the odds are pretty good it will sound better than the current press. Plus my brother loves Outkast too so I can give him my old copy as a Christmas present and I am sure he will be stoked.

I am in the same boat but decided to go for it. I Own non-MOV pressing which is fine but not amazing but I love this album and would enjoy have a gatefold Jacket and I think the odds are pretty good it will sound better than the current press. Plus my brother loves Outkast too so I can give him my old copy as a Christmas present and I am sure he will be stoked.
The MOV pressing sounds better than the original, so this VMP pressing will definitely sound better than the current copy of Stankonia you own!

I’ve also got the standard pressing and it does sound pretty decent. Like I was happy with it, but definitely noticed the improvement with the MOV pressing!

Lmfao now that it’s time to pledge my wallet I’m getting cold feet on Redman. Do we think this will hang around for a few months?
I hope it does hang around for a good 3-4 months! I think it might actually because Ghostface Killah is still around. Not sure which album is a bigger ROTM pick though! Like who is more popular out of Ghostface and Redman? They’re both pretty equal! Redman does have more than double the amount of listeners than Ghostface on Spotify so I don’t know if that should be taken into account or not!

Muddy Waters with the Skits is definitely a big R&HH ROTM get for VMP. I can see it selling out within a month, especially if word gets around that this is the first pressing to contain the full track-listing, but I can also see this one hanging around due to the price increase!

If add-ons were still USD$23, it would’ve sold out, and the same goes for Ghostface! The USD$10 increase stops a lot of people from picking up a copy!

I hope it does hang around for a good 3-4 months! I think it might actually because Ghostface Killah is still around. Not sure which album is a bigger ROTM pick though! Like who is more popular out of Ghostface and Redman? They’re both pretty equal! Redman does have more than double the amount of listeners than Ghostface on Spotify so I don’t know if that should be taken into account or not!

Muddy Waters with the Skits is definitely a big R&HH ROTM get for VMP. I can see it selling out within a month, especially if word gets around that this is the first pressing to contain the full track-listing, but I can also see this one hanging around due to the price increase!

If add-ons were still USD$23, it would’ve sold out, and the same goes for Ghostface! The USD$10 increase stops a lot of people from picking up a copy!
This seems like pretty accurate thinking actually 🤔 @Ghost I didnt know GFK was still around

This seems like pretty accurate thinking actually 🤔 @Ghost I didnt know GFK was still around
Especially as Fishscale has production from MF DOOM, J Dilla and Just Blaze and was a critically acclaimed album from 2006 from a Wu-Tang Clan member; an album many would already know and love!

Method Man’a Tical sold out instantly last year, but that was USD$23 as an add-on! Ghostface Killah would’ve sold out if it was USD$23 as an add-on!

Especially as Fishscale has production from MF DOOM, J Dilla and Just Blaze and was a critically acclaimed album from 2006 from a Wu-Tang Clan member; an album many would already know and love!

Method Man’a Tical sold out instantly last year, but that was USD$23 as an add-on! Ghostface Killah would’ve sold out if it was USD$23 as an add-on!
The increase is definitely a major factor now

Muddy Waters without the skits is a hollow shell of an album. While almost all the songs are amazing, those skits all have meaning and are critical as lead-ins to those songs. Glad to hear it's going to hopefully include them.
I’m opposite, I hate skits. I edit them out of my digital copies of albums. I think albums are better without them 😂

I’m opposite, I hate skits. I edit them out of my digital copies of albums. I think albums are better without them 😂
For me it depends on the album! I hate the skits on Big Pun’s Capital Punishment and am not much of a fan of the ones on Ghostface Killah’s Supreme Clientele!

But the skits on Muddy Waters are amazing! They add to the album in my opinion! Just like with Prince Paul’s A Prince Among Thieves and De La Soul’s first two albums!

Back