Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Pitchfork has a pretty good article about the album, as part of its “looking back” series (along with an 8.7 score). I found it to be very informative.

I still can’t believe we are getting Prince Paul’s A Prince Among Thieves!!! It’s a miracle!!! The album is such a classic, the production is sweet and the storyline is dope! 🎯

Like, this is definitely a 10/10 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM pick for me, along with MF DOOM, Handsome Boy Modelling School, Goodie MOB, Snoop Dogg, Camp Lo, EL-P, Blackalicious, Method Man, OutKast, De La Soul, Noname, Juvenile, Lil’ Wayne and Madlib! 🔥🔥🔥

I am extremely happy the R&HH track is back to top tier picks! 😇

I still can’t believe we are getting Prince Paul’s A Prince Among Thieves!!! It’s a miracle!!! The album is such a classic, the production is sweet and the storyline is dope! 🎯

Like, this is definitely a 10/10 Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM pick for me, along with MF DOOM, Handsome Boy Modelling School, Goodie MOB, Snoop Dogg, Camp Lo, EL-P, Blackalicious, Method Man, OutKast, De La Soul, Noname, Juvenile, Lil’ Wayne and Madlib! 🔥🔥🔥

It’s funny how related a lot of those are to Prince Paul. He’s collaborated a little bit with MF Doom, he was a part of handsome boy modeling school, he produced de la soul, and I think has worked some with El-P. Apparently everybody on the east coast knows everybody else...

Do you expect Prince Paul to sell out very quickly (first month)? I'm planning on picking it up unless there are lots of great exclusive swaptions (you never know with VMP). 😀 I wonder is "Prince among thieves" very popular in general?

I think it will, based mostly on how much of a hot item Handsome Boy Modeling School was. The Tommy Boy VMP releases in general have all been fast sellers.

So, i can see the appeal of the concept but will not resub for this. I love the hbms record but do not see this getting too many spins. There are a few very good tracks on this but i think i dont need this on vinyl. Not beeing a native english speaker might add to that notion.

Not very enthusiastic Nathan, you seem underwhelmed at the pick tbh 🤥

Hope everyone enjoys PAT

Just I gave it a chance and it was not for me (halfway through I just get tired). It's great it's finally getting a repress
when does this get officially announced/go on sale? and non-members should be able to get this right?

guess it's not available to the public... my bad, I thought they were

As dukey said, if it doesn't sell out after the first month, it'll usually be made available to the public at that time. But since VMP brought back 1-month memberships, you can still get it right away by signing up, you just gotta remember to cancel after a month if you plan to bounce.

As dukey said, if it doesn't sell out after the first month, it'll usually be made available to the public at that time. But since VMP brought back 1-month memberships, you can still get it right away by signing up, you just gotta remember to cancel after a month if you plan to bounce.
And since it is a 2xLP, it will probably be considerably cheaper to do the one month membership than it will be to buy from the store, if it's still in stock.

Back