Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

41BghSMcCSL._AA256_.jpg

So while we wait for the next clue, has Double Up by Mase been ruled out? It was released in 1999 and Mase recorded with Biggie (VMP Essentials) and Rick Ross (VMP Hip-Hop). Just throwing this one out there because it seemed like Harlem World was a pretty popular guess!

41BghSMcCSL._AA256_.jpg

So while we wait for the next clue, has Double Up by Mase been ruled out? It was released in 1999 and Mase recorded with Biggie (VMP Essentials) and Rick Ross (VMP Hip-Hop). Just throwing this one out there because it seemed like Harlem World was a pretty popular guess!
Not ruled out yet, although it had previously been brought up as a possibility!

You won't be laughing when it arrives at your door all "more political than you care to remember" it being and all ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
i still dont get why this meme is used.. salt n pepa was more political in the fact that whataman did help bring linda lyndell back into music after she was attacked by klansmen for making black music, and its rare we get female focused non pandering to the male gaze rap album

i still dont get why this meme is used.. salt n pepa was more political in the fact that whataman did help bring linda lyndell back into music after she was attacked by klansmen for making black music, and its rare we get female focused non pandering to the male gaze rap album
Well because my humour allows me to feel that line was, is and for the foreseeable future will continue to be absolutely hilarious to me ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

For transparency I am not trying to be disrespectful towards what you have said either. Its just who said it (storf and crashprez) I find some of the things they come out with hilarious probably for all the wrong reasons because they are a couple of Spoofers

Actually forget all that its got too serious in a sense..... Do you remember Mase Double Up being political? @duke86fan im going to guess no, so that's that joke. Thats it

Because it was presented as a reason that people who didn't like the album should like it more. He said the album is more political than you remember and it isn't. Nobody who remembers Salt n Pepa at all forgot that them being popular is in and of itself "political." They should be respected for that, but that doesn't mean I should buy all their albums.

I'm just listening to Ice Cube's "The Predator". On ๐Ÿ”ฅ!! Great record, wouldn't swap if it's that.
What other forerunners do we have apart from Prince Paul, as Storf said the RHH had been guessed already (on reddit)?
Ice Cubeโ€™s โ€œThe Predatorโ€ is an incredible album! Hopefully one day VMP make it a R&HH ROTM in the future! ๐Ÿคž

Prince Paulโ€™s โ€œA Prince Among Thievesโ€ is definitely the front-runner! There isnโ€™t any other front-runner so far! Olโ€™ Dirty Bastardโ€™s โ€œN***a Pleaseโ€ and Mos Defโ€™s โ€œBlack On Both Sidesโ€ are magnificent albums that also fit the clues, but based on VMPโ€™s strong relationship with Tommy Boy, Prince Paul remains the front-runner! ๐Ÿ‘

I feel like this is the second month in a row someone said The Predator was a frontrunner when the clue was a different year. Am I getting trolled?

Haha, you're right. It's been mentioned so much all over the place, even on reddit that I thought it was among the most likely guesses. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Amazing album anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

Back