Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

You should listen to the El-P & Salt-N-Pepa! The pressings are phenomenal! Apparently the Future ROTM sounds amazing too! I am positive this Prince Paul ROTM will sound exceptional! 😃👍

I’ll take your word for it that they sound great. The El-P record is just a little too abrasive for me. And Salt N Peppa is too.......just, too much.

I think what the other tracks have going on could have some impact, too. If essentials is a dud, folks on that track could try to snag the tap track instead. I feel like some past rap selections sold out faster due in part to essentials and/or classics sucking.
I added R&HH to my Essentials main track just in case it was Prince Paul. I’ve never heard it, but I love De La Soul, so I’m definitely stoked. Essentials is John Mayer :sick:. Prince Paul is gonna go fast.

Speaking of Embossed. Wasnt that the reason VMP couldn't do the promised gatefold for Snoop Doggystyle? They promised Embossed & Gatefold but had to be one or the other? I found that crazy. Like you can't emboss a gatefold is that correct? @NathanRicaud

Speaking of Embossed. Wasnt that the reason VMP couldn't do the promised gatefold for Snoop Doggystyle? They promised Embossed & Gatefold but had to be one or the other? I found that crazy. Like you can't emboss a gatefold is that correct? @NathanRicaud
You can definitely emboss a gatefold! That Doggystyle was such a mess when they promoted it as a Gatefold and Tip-on Jacket! haha 🐶

The pressing looks and sounds spectacular! One of my favourite R&HH ROTM's for sure! And even better - it sounds marvellous at 33RPM! 💎

I added R&HH to my Essentials main track just in case it was Prince Paul. I’ve never heard it, but I love De La Soul, so I’m definitely stoked. Essentials is John Mayer :sick:. Prince Paul is gonna go fast.
Without realizing swaps can’t be undone, I swapped Mayer for the El-P record, intending on looking it up and switching to the store credit. Now I’m apparently getting it. I’ve seen it mentioned here a bit, but never heard the record. Opinions? How is the pressing?

You can definitely emboss a gatefold! That Doggystyle was such a mess when they promoted it as a Gatefold and Tip-on Jacket! haha 🐶

The pressing looks and sounds spectacular! One of my favourite R&HH ROTM's for sure! And even better - it sounds marvellous at 33RPM! 💎
Thats what it was Gatefold & Tip On my bad 🤦🏻‍♂️ I thought it was embossed and gatefold. I kept thinking im pretty sure I've got some of those and I need to check but never did 😂

Yeah its an amazing piece. I was surprised it stayed around so long but the lyrics did touch a nerve with a lot of folk so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Without realizing swaps can’t be undone, I swapped Mayer for the El-P record, intending on looking it up and switching to the store credit. Now I’m apparently getting it. I’ve seen it mentioned here a bit, but never heard the record. Opinions? How is the pressing?
I love El P so biased opinion. Album is super and pressing is amazing 👌🏼🔥

I was surprised it stayed around so long but the lyrics did touch a nerve with a lot of folk so 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah, I remember saying that I really liked that Doggystyle was misogynistic, but I didn't mean it like that! I rightfully got a lot of flack for saying that LMAO, but I just remember a lot of people felt that Doggystyle was misogynistic and didn't want to pick it up based on that alone! Ain't No Fun is such a jam though! I just love Doggystyle!!! 🐶🌞

I'm not even a Storf hater but his description of Prince Among Thieves XD

"it’s this incredible masterpiece that needs to be heard to be properly experienced"

what the fuck lol
He's referring to the cinematic experience! But I know what you mean! Like of course the album needs to be heard to be properly experienced! No way are you going to get the same experience if you listen to the record in the form of a sign language translator 🤣

Yeah, I remember saying that I really liked that Doggystyle was misogynistic, but I didn't mean it like that! I rightfully got a lot of flack for saying that LMAO, but I just remember a lot of people felt that Doggystyle was misogynistic and didn't want to pick it up based on that alone! Ain't No Fun is such a jam though! I just love Doggystyle!!! 🐶🌞
You shouldn't have got flack. I know how it came across wrong but you aren't that type of guy. Some ppl just get uptight over silly things sometimes. I love that album and Ain't No Fun in particular 🔥

Back