Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

The ASIN for that Amazon listing appears to be the black pressing released earlier in the year. Bit sneaky, but technically VMP are the only US pressing.
Is that infallible? The barcode appears to be the same as well, but it wouldn't be the first time that different pressings or variants have the same barcode. Does Caroline Distribution just import and sell EU copies with a new release date? Or would they facilitate their own press?

That might explain it not being GZ, if those are already QRP. May not have had anything to do with VMP.
It wasn't pressed at QRP
This is from what I know the only version from QRP

and it's weird that they aren't just giving up Gz as they did a video worshipping their pressing as qrp

It wasn't pressed at QRP

and it's weird that they aren't just giving up Gz as they did a video worshipping their pressing as qrp

QRP couldn’t hit the deadline for Cecilia & Johnny and fucked up the edge trimming. AFAIK GZ hasn’t done that to them, and I’ll bet it’s cheaper to use GZ especially at a large scale. Still GZ isn’t a vendor at all this month. Pallas for Essentials QRP for classics and RHH.

It wasn't pressed at QRP

I won't be sure until someone checks the dead wax of the Caroline Dist. version that has pre-orders up. I don't trust the barcode as proving the pressing is the same, but it may be the MPO press as well, hard to be certain without proof.

The variant is so midddd
I like the variant fine enough, but in my mind, pale purple with a few different colored streaks is, like, THE definitive "bootleg vinyl" color. Maybe it's just me, but I always associate that type of vinyl look with lower quality because I've come across so many bootlegs that look similar

Time to start doing rankings?

1) OutKast
2) HBMS
3) The Roots
4) Method Man (missed out :/ and maybe it’sthis high because of FOMO)
5) Knxldgwe
6) TI
7) Juvenile
8) Camp Lo (still love this pic but 6-8 hard to rank)

——break——

9) Ivy Sole
10) Da Brat
11) slowthai
Nice list! Here are my rankings!

1. Handsome Boy Modelling School
2. Camp Lo
3. OutKast

4. Juvenile
———————break———————
5. Slowthai
6. Method Man

———————break———————
7. The Roots
8. Da Brat
9. Knxwledge

10. Ivy Sole
———————break———————
11. T.I.

Nice list! Here are my rankings!

1. Handsome Boy Modelling School
2. Camp Lo
3. OutKast

4. Juvenile
———————break———————
5. Slowthai
6. Method Man

———————break———————
7. The Roots
8. Da Brat
9. Knxwledge

10. Ivy Sole
———————break———————
11. T.I.
Don’t like TI eh? I do wish the album was way shorter...those albums of that time were quantity over quality

Don’t like TI eh? I do wish the album was way shorter...those albums of that time were quantity over quality
I still enjoyed the pick. But it’s a 6.5/10 kinda pick! Still, “Why You Wanna” is one of my favourite summer jams!

But yeah, that’s exactly why T.I.’s “KING” came last; because there were too many filler tracks overall! The album starts strong, but amongst the last 6 tracks, there was only 1 track I remember really liking!

I don't have all of them, but will rank the ones I've listened to:

1. Juvenile
2. OutKast
3. T.I.
4. Method Man (missed because I wasn't subscribed that month, but have had the album digitally for 15 years)
5. The Roots
6. Slowthai
7. Ivy Sole
8. HBMS
9. Camp Lo

I haven't listened to Knxwledge or Da Brat in full, so I can't rank them but neither pick excited me enough to search them out.

I'd say there's a decent break between 3/4 and 7/8 (I skipped HBMS and Camp Lo).

I skipped HBMS and Camp Lo
tenor.gif

Tier 1
1. OutKast
2. Handsome Boy Modeling School
3. The Roots

Tier 2
4. Method Man
5. TI
6. Camp Lo
7. Knxwledge

Tier 3
8. Da Brat
9. Slowthai

Tier 4
11. Juvenile
12. Ivy Sole

We will be getting a new release/a first time on vinyl release for the December Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM! Storf said a few months ago that we will at least get a ‘first time on vinyl’ R&HH ROTM by the end of the year/next three months!

I really hope it isn’t DaBaby’s Baby on Baby! Hoping we still get Playboi Carti’s Die Lit or Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever! 🤞🤞🤞

Back