Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I have a feeling it won’t sell out! The only reason it would sell out is because this VMP pressing is the deluxe edition of Nothing Great About Britain.

If it’s just another colour variant, I doubt it will sell out! It will be just like Denzel Curry and will stay in store for a while!
Yeah it’ll probably sit for a while unless they’ve just gone with a lower than usual pressing number. Then again if it’s got the bonus tracks, it’s 100% a wrap. Not expecting it to though - but would very much like to be proven wrong.

Yeah it’ll probably sit for a while unless they’ve just gone with a lower than usual pressing number. Then again if it’s got the bonus tracks, it’s 100% a wrap. Not expecting it to though - but would very much like to be proven wrong.
Mmmmmmmm! If they do a smaller pressing number, like 2,000 copies, then it will probably sell out!

I don’t think it will have the bonus tracks. But if it does, and then VMP promote it a lot on social media that their pressing of Nothing Great about Britain is the first to contain all the bonus tracks, then it will sell out.

But yeah, it won’t sell out unless the pressing number is 2,000 or less!

Mmmmmmmm! If they do a smaller pressing number, like 2,000 copies, then it will probably sell out!

I don’t think it will have the bonus tracks. But if it does, and then VMP promote it a lot on social media that their pressing of Nothing Great about Britain is the first to contain all the bonus tracks, then it will sell out.

But yeah, it won’t sell out unless the pressing number is 2,000 or less!
I could see a lower print run than were pressed for the OutKast/Method Man run, particularly with the 3 album Essentials run being the prime focus.

So I could see it being a sellout for some of the reasons that others have been sellouts in the side tracks, simply more subscribers than albums.

And just in general, Storf, ever the salesman, ALWAYS says it'll sell out.

(sometimes he is correct, though)

I made this comment on reddit about Mariah Carey when it was announced.... "Storf makes it seem like they have no pressing limit. Color me wrong later but I'd imagine Mariah sits in swaps for a few months if you really want it. No need to bum rush this one."

Salesman Storf responded with... "I'll color you wrong right now".

Yet here we are.

I made this comment on reddit about Mariah Carey when it was announced.... "Storf makes it seem like they have no pressing limit. Color me wrong later but I'd imagine Mariah sits in swaps for a few months if you really want it. No need to bum rush this one."

Yet here we are.

True true. I think part of the reason its still there is the overall disappointment with the release. I preordered Mariah and wasnt thrilled I paid $34 for a flimsy sleeve, no insert, and just an ok pressing. Sound quality is pretty good but it was not worth the cost to me, had I known I would rather have spent it on something from MFSL.

Yet here we are.
Mmmmmm it didn’t sell out because Mariah Carey’s “Daydream” was too overpriced. It should have been $29 or under! $34 is way too high.....

They really should have made that record an Essentials ROTM! Their 2019 Essentials ROTM archive would’ve looked much more attractive and insteresting if Mariah Carey replaced Jim Sullivan!

Mmmmmm it didn’t sell out because Mariah Carey’s “Daydream” was too overpriced. It should have been $29 or under! $34 is way too high.....

They really should have made that record an Essentials ROTM! Their 2019 Essentials ROTM archive would’ve looked much more attractive and insteresting if Mariah Carey replaced Jim Sullivan!
Yeah you're absolutely right. The price was high along with zero mention of a limited run or pressing number. The pressing itself leaves a bit to be desired. Storf was asked about it and said the price would have gone up even higher if they added extras. I'd bet you they have a lot of these still sitting. I'm tempted to ask about the stock levels on the stock check reddit thread :ROFLMAO:

Storf admittedly got me on this one with the FOMO so I'm a little extra salty about it.

But I’m more happy that we are getting Slowthai as the ROTM because I think that deserves the spotlight more. It’s definitely one of the best hip-hop albums of 2019 in my opinion.

And in my opinion, Nothing Great About Britain feels like a Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM. YBN Cordae would also be a great Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM. But, I think Little Brother’s latest album would be a poor choice. It doesn’t deserve it at all. It should just be a store exclusive like Common, limited to 300 or 500 copies.

I’m really excited to see what the Slowthai ROTM looks like! And I’m also hoping that we get a deluxe edition pressing! What would make the exclusive extra special! 🤞
See Slowthai does nothing for me. It's literally the same shit other, better artists have been putting out for years just with the "twist" that it's centered in the UK.

Meanwhile, Little Brother returned with a stark rumination on aging and touches on themes of alienation, atoning for past sins and watching the youth you inspired surpass you to become famous while you're barely making ends meet. And they manage to do it in a way that isn't corny like so much of the "grown man rap". I highly recommend more people go back to it and really dive in and spend time with the album

I dreamt it was not even an album released this year but the streets "original pirate material".. but then again it could have been Mike Shinoda because they were promoting their electronic music track (not a McDonald's sponsorship this time) and both were in my package (a long with a 2 cassette release of yandhi that was secretly 2 45s)

Dreams are weird slowthai seems cool

Yeah you're absolutely right. The price was high along with zero mention of a limited run or pressing number. The pressing itself leaves a bit to be desired. Storf was asked about it and said the price would have gone up even higher if they added extras. I'd bet you they have a lot of these still sitting. I'm tempted to ask about the stock levels on the stock check reddit thread :ROFLMAO:

Storf admittedly got me on this one with the FOMO so I'm a little extra salty about it.
Got me on the FOMO there too which sucks because a couple classics I wanted ended up selling out. I have a feeling Slowthai will sell out this month, but show up again for swaps later down the road. I'm going to grab it, I hope its a decent package, but I think the majority of their resources went into Essentials this month.

Welcome to capitalism

It's bad

See Slowthai does nothing for me. It's literally the same shit other, better artists have been putting out for years just with the "twist" that it's centered in the UK.

Meanwhile, Little Brother returned with a stark rumination on aging and touches on themes of alienation, atoning for past sins and watching the youth you inspired surpass you to become famous while you're barely making ends meet. And they manage to do it in a way that isn't corny like so much of the "grown man rap". I highly recommend more people go back to it and really dive in and spend time with the album

Great description of the LB album, I am still playing it pretty regularly and think its excellent.

Got me on the FOMO there too which sucks because a couple classics I wanted ended up selling out. I have a feeling Slowthai will sell out this month, but show up again for swaps later down the road. I'm going to grab it, I hope its a decent package, but I think the majority of their resources went into Essentials this month.

I can relate, I missed out on Al Green. Shoulda sent Mariah back.

The only excusable reason for corner cutting in this sub is that I can th king of is that the licensing fees are higher than Classics as the music is current and relevant. Essentials has economy of scale in its favor.

Also slowthai should have been on the XXL freshman list instead of lil mosey or comethazine

Back