Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

1. Outkast
2. HBMS
3. Method Man
-------------
4. Camp Lo
5. Juvenile
---------
I passed on the rest, but still keep thinking about The Roots...

Also, how did they not make either of the Freddie Gibbs/Madlib releases an ROTM?!?!? Sorry, but replacing Hud Dreams with Pinata would take this year to a whole other level!

1. Outkast
2. HBMS
3. Method Man
-------------
4. Camp Lo
5. Juvenile
---------

Also, how did they not make either of the Freddie Gibbs/Madlib releases an ROTM?!?!? Sorry, but replacing Hud Dreams with Pinata would take this year to a whole other level!
I really wish they did that with Gibbs. I might have been able to rationalize resubscribing for the month and then grabbing the other exclusive. But having to buy the ROTM and then both of the Gibbs was too much for me

1. Outkast
2. HBMS
3. Method Man
-------------
4. Camp Lo
5. Juvenile
---------

Absolutely, and I received and really loved HUD Dreams

1. Outkast
2. HBMS
3. Method Man
-------------
4. Camp Lo
5. Juvenile
---------

My guess is they didn't make Bandana a ROTM because it got a pretty wide release on vinyl and I would guess that the logistics didn't make sense for them to press it in ROTM quantities.

Also, Ivy Sole is not seeing nearly enough love. The package and vinyl itself are gorgeous and spinning it made me a big fan of her music.

My guess is they didn't make Bandana a ROTM because it got a pretty wide release on vinyl and I would guess that the logistics didn't make sense for them to press it in ROTM quantities.

Also, Ivy Sole is not seeing nearly enough love. The package and vinyl itself are gorgeous and spinning it made me a big fan of her music.
Then vinyl itself is the best looking vinyl VMP have done this year! The packaging is also gorgeous like you said. However, although I enjoyed ‘Overgrown’, the album feels more like a store exclusive than a Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM!

For me, Slowthai’s Nothing Great About Britain is a 2019 album which I think feels like a ROTM, but I can’t say the same for Ivy Sole!

I won't be sure until someone checks the dead wax of the Caroline Dist. version that has pre-orders up. I don't trust the barcode as proving the pressing is the same, but it may be the MPO press as well, hard to be certain without proof.

I was trying to figure this out, too, but the VMP release is definitely done by Caroline Dist. as well (that's clear in close-up image of the center label on their hype page). I would assume all the US copies are pressed at QRP (this doesn't seem like a big enough release to make it financially feasible to use multiple pressing plants). I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick up a good chunk of Rainbo's business.

Either way, I really like this record, but black vinyl seems like the way to go for me (way cheaper + available earlier). I wish the deluxe version was on wax, though.

Well, here’s my list. If it’s missing, it means I skipped it:

1. Handsome Boy Modeling School
2. Knxwledge
3. OutKast
4. Ivy Sole
5. The Roots
6. Juvenile

I still might grab Da Brat or slowthai at some point, they’re just not high priorities.

HOT TAKE:

1-11 for the year: A TOSS-UP.

DEAD LAST #12: Juvenile. Nowhere near interesting enough for me to hold my attention. I know people dig it, and I've probably got some arrows firing in my direction, but for my money it's the worst RHH pick so far.

HOT TAKE:

1-11 for the year: A TOSS-UP.

DEAD LAST #12: Juvenile. Nowhere near interesting enough for me to hold my attention. I know people dig it, and I've probably got some arrows firing in my direction, but for my money it's the worst RHH pick so far.
Juvenile....................LAST?!?!?! 🤭🤭🤭

Nah, I can totally understand why you would place 400 Degreez easily last. It’s very bling era hip-hop with a bit of that New Orleans bounce to it. And Juvenile talks about going in for the money, keeping it real with his homies, murder etc

I definitely know a lot of people who enjoy hip-hop would not care for the sound/lyrics on that Juvenile album nowadays! Totally understandable!

Juvenile....................LAST?!?!?! 🤭🤭🤭

Nah, I can totally understand why you would place 400 Degreez easily last. It’s very bling era hip-hop with a bit of that New Orleans bounce to it. And Juvenile talks about going in for the money, keeping it real with his homies, murder etc

I definitely know a lot of people who enjoy hip-hop would not care for the sound/lyrics on that Juvenile album nowadays! Totally understandable!

I actually do not have any problem with any of the things you just said, I just think juvenile is a poor version of that. Beyond the one hit, that album holds nothing for me. I would’ve preferred DMX. Or Mystikal. Then and now.

Hint from Storf:

RHH is one of the most important rap albums of all time...maybe THE most important rap album of all time.

Fear of a Black Planet? The Chronic? Ice Cube's debut? Jay Z?
So that seems like a short possible list:

Run DMC - Raising Hell
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation... or Fear of a Black Planet
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
Nas - Illmatic
Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full
2Pac - All Eyez on Me

Perhaps one of Ice Cube's early albums?

Run DMC - Raising Hell
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Nas - Illmatic
2Pac - All Eyez on Me

Illmatic can F*** Off! Nas even said recently he wont put it up with it anymore it's over for him. It's done to death 😩

Run DMC - Raising Hell
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Nas - Illmatic
2Pac - All Eyez on Me

If it’s on this list, I’m in

Back