Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I dont think it's going to be one of the obvious ones like 36 Chambers Reasonable Doubt etc....it will be more like Raising Hell, Radio, Criminal Minded, Low End Theory, Paid In Full, Slick Rick.....something important but slightly outside the usual suspects

Hint from Storf:

RHH is one of the most important rap albums of all time...maybe THE most important rap album of all time.

Fear of a Black Planet? The Chronic? Ice Cube's debut? Jay Z?
All Eyez on Me is 4 discs, not happenin

I'm expecting a cornerstone like Road to the Riches, Raising Hell, Paid in Full

The fact storf said "Rap" instead of Hiphop is actually interesting. I think maybe The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, that was the first and probably most significant narrative album (rap as opposed to just hiphop) it inspired Illmatic

The fact storf said "Rap" instead of Hiphop is actually interesting. I think maybe The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, that was the first and probably most significant narrative album (rap as opposed to just hiphop) it inspired Illmatic

That already got a big release this year on vinyl.

That already got a big release this year on vinyl.

so then it’s this for sure!

I would still give generous amounts of money for a 2 x LP press or proper remaster of this
Mmmmmmm same! Illmatic is absolutely heaven! It’s priceless and it’s just a magical album! It’s life-changing! It’s home! It’s comforting! There’s a reason why Illmatic is the most loved hip-hop album of all time!

Back