Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I think this version of Fever To Tell gets repressed fairly regularly and sounds fantastic…

Fuck Buttons and Health are great but probably a few tiers lower on the popularity scale than the 2000 indie releases they usually choose as an Essentials title.
It does and I have it, but it's regularly sold for stupid amounts cause they don't keep it stocked.

With the other two they were essential albums of that era that can't be found these days. Although I know Interpol sold more, it's not hard to get was my bigger point.

And the only reason I am picking up Bright Eyes is I missed on the latest repress, otherwise I'd file it in the same category.

You know what the market DOES need?
Another press of BSS You Forgot it in People. I will say this enough times until it manifests.
Hopefully TTL will press more for those who missed out.

I may pick up Bright Eyes, I don’t own a copy yet but I figured I would take a wait and see approach with regards to quality.

Unfortunately your Best bet with BSS at this point is probably an A&C reissue. VMP already put out a numbered exclusive of You Forgot It In People so I doubt they are gonna ever do another pressing of that album.
You're right, I keep forgetting that they did YFIIP before my time.

I'm hoping Interpol will be 45rpm as that truly will make it stand out compared to other versions. Not seeing any confirmation that it's that other than the 2LP note. I hope it's not just the album spread over 2 LPs at 33rpm. I have really enjoyed the VMP treatments of records at 45rpm lately like Tribe and Justice. It's a top 5 album for me so the $40 is worth it.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Interpol will be 45rpm as that truly will make it stand out compared to other versions. Not seeing any confirmation that it's that other than the 2LP note. I hope it's not just the album spread over 2 LPs at 33rpm. I have really enjoyed the VMP treatments of records at 45rpm lately like Tribe and Justice. It's a top 5 album for me so the $40 is worth it.
I am too, wouldn't make sense to do 2 LPs otherwise. A 45 rpm edition is a must own in my opinion.

VMP has made some definitive 2000s reissues, Room On Fire and Continuum are among some of my LPs that sound magical.

I just wonder how much better they can make it. I've heard it's a digital master. Depending on the recording resolution how much more data is there to transfer. In 2002 my expensive digital camera had 4mp.

According to the producer, unless I'm reading this wrong, it was all recorded to 2" analog tapes.

Last time I listen to a Hoffman forum thread. Maybe they can make it better.

Last time I listen to a Hoffman forum thread. Maybe they can make it better.
The OG pressing with the SAE MASTERING stamp sounds legitimately good - not sure if it was AAA, but either way, I don't think the source the issue. I think even just a 2xLP at 33 from the master tapes will be a huge jump from most of the reissues out there.

That's my hope too. Something I've seen over different sites is the belief that the single LP is compressed since it's 49 minutes of music over 2 sides. There's 3 versions of the pressing. 150G OG, which I own. A 180G pressed at RTI. And a 120 repress, I think. Stella is 6:28 alone. I'm optimistic VMP can do something nice. Wouldn't shock me if this isn't the only pressing out this year since the album turns 20.

Last edited:
Bright Eyes came in and I gave it a few spins. Slight dish and some clicking at the end of side A, but I’m happy overall. I think this is a good one.
Mine's sitting here, but I still have Justice to listen to as well and I have almost no hope for that one.
Bunch of people say it's fucked, but reddits CrossleyCrew (registered trademark) downvote anyone who dare say it's not perfect.

FINALLY going through my backlog after moving. It appears...† is clean? Dare I say...it actually sounds good and is 100% flat.

I would've put money on this one being fucked.
Are there a lot of crackles throughout this record? I've not listened to it before and get crackles all over but streaming doesn't help to check as I think they clean up sound. Can't tell if it's an issue or how it was recorded.

Also- holy loud. Set lower than most records to start and pegged in the red, hard.

Are there a lot of crackles throughout this record? I've not listened to it before and get crackles all over but streaming doesn't help to check as I think the clean up sound. Can't tell if it's an issue or how it was recorded.

Also- holy loud. Set lower than most records to start and pegged in the red, hard.
There's some intentional static here and there, I think it's pretty distinct what's intentional though.
Yeah, I concur it's loud af, to be honest if there was an issue it may just be drowned out :ROFLMAO:

I definitely had crackles on the run-in and run-out dead wax on my Justice, but you can't hear it one bit while the music is playing. So a real non-issue IMO.

Back