Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Hoffman classifieds are actually pretty solid. And the occasional quick search for recommended pressings of albums can be good. But otherwise it’s really insufferable.

I disagreed with someone on a pressing sounding good (he said it sounded bad) and then the guy went off on a rant about how his ears are extremely well-trained and his gear is very top of the line so he couldn’t be wrong. In fact he has given friends the gift of learning how to properly listen to music and people regularly thank him for it. Wish I was joking but I’m not lol.

Hoffman classifieds are actually pretty solid. And the occasional quick search for recommended pressings of albums can be good. But otherwise it’s really insufferable.

I disagreed with someone on a pressing sounding good (he said it sounded bad) and then the guy went off on a rant about how his ears are extremely well-trained and his gear is very top of the line so he couldn’t be wrong. In fact he has given friends the gift of learning how to properly listen to music and people regularly thank him for it. Wish I was joking but I’m not lol.
27F681B3-A453-4B8E-B6F9-FF356241736E.jpeg

WHAT IT'S TRUE THEY DO ALWAYS THANK ME THEY SAY "THANK YOU MATHER FOR ENRICHING OUR OTHERWISE HORRIBLY MUNDANE AND MISERABLE TINY LITTLE LIVES WITH YOUR GOLDEN EARED WONDEROUSNESS YOU ARE TRULY A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR AND ALSO YOU ARE DEVILISHLY HANDSOME AND WOW YOU'RE JUST... THE BEST HOLY SMOKES I MEAN WE'RE JUST SO LUCKY TO HAVE EVER KNOWN YOU AND LEARNED FROM YOU".

Last edited:

Reminds me of the time I was doing sound for a show that included a local bassist who could be quite a pompous ass at times. We were having issues with the sound of his upright bass (rest of the band sounded great!) I checked literally every possible thing on the board before suggesting it might be his pick-up which led to him snapping back, quite rudely and loud enough for the whole audience to hear, "it's NOT my pick-up!" ...his pick-up fell out in the middle of the next song! 🤣 Asshat.

WHAT IT'S TRUE THEY DO ALWAYS THANK ME THEY SAY "THANK YOU MATHER FOR ENRICHING OUR OTHERWISE HORRIBLY MUNDANE AND MISERABLE TINY LITTLE LIVES WITH YOUR GOLDEN EARED WONDEROUSNESS YOU ARE TRULY A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR AND ALSO YOU ARE DEVILISHLY HANDSOME AND WOW YOU'RE JUST... THE BEST HOLY SMOKES WE'RE SO LUCKY TO HAVE EVER KNOWN YOU AND LEARNED FROM YOU".

Paging @NightMather

Paging @NightMather

I'm on the hunt for the best Wish you Were Here pressing that exists. And I'm gunna buy it if I find it and DayGuy is actually probably gunna to be okay with this one... because you can't argue with WYWH

This person was probably a gort or what the fuck ever lol

I'm on the hunt for the best Wish you Were Here pressing that exists. And I'm gunna buy it if I find it and DayGuy is actually probably gunna to be okay with this one... because you can't argue with WYWH
When you figure it out ~ please pass this info along so that I can also bask in greatness of your golden eared wondrousness,
Thanks.

WHAT IT'S TRUE THEY DO ALWAYS THANK ME THEY SAY "THANK YOU MATHER FOR ENRICHING OUR OTHERWISE HORRIBLY MUNDANE AND MISERABLE TINY LITTLE LIVES WITH YOUR GOLDEN EARED WONDEROUSNESS YOU ARE TRULY A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR AND ALSO YOU ARE DEVILISHLY HANDSOME AND WOW YOU'RE JUST... THE BEST HOLY SMOKES I MEAN WE'RE JUST SO LUCKY TO HAVE EVER KNOWN YOU AND LEARNED FROM YOU".

That's what you make them say as their last words?

Canadian murder dungeons are so weird man.

There was a guy on SHF asking for the Thin Lizzy VMP said he was willing to pay $40 +shipping and payapal fees.

I told him that he could sign up for one month for cheaper than anyone could ship it to him, plus have return protection if it was damaged. He was a dick about it and my comment got deleted because SHF is a Franco fascist boomer paradise
Yeah, they love deleting comments they don’t agree with. Disagree with any of their casual racism or sexism, they’ll delete it. Post enough things they disagree with and they‘ll ban you altogether.

There was a guy on SHF asking for the Thin Lizzy VMP said he was willing to pay $40 +shipping and payapal fees.

I told him that he could sign up for one month for cheaper than anyone could ship it to him, plus have return protection if it was damaged. He was a dick about it and my comment got deleted because SHF is a Franco fascist boomer paradise

He may be a dick, but calling him a Franco Fascist is probably a bit of stretch. I'm happy to be prooved wrong but I doubt the idiot has ever heard off Franco, and if he had, I'm sure Franco wouldn't have let him in the club with a mullet like that.

Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 10.46.32.png

(He likely is a Boomer, but must admit I've always found it a bit weird that we stereotype people by made up marketing terms)

I like when this sort of thing happens and Hoff himself steps in and demands to see your gear profile

I haven't had a chance to compare it yet to my older pressing. Quickly threw the album on and sounded good (and is flat/didn't have surface noise aside from some ticks on the lead-in on side 2). but hoping to have time to actually sit down and compare and listen to the VMP pressing without doing anything else. I was working while I had it spinning earlier today.

The die-cut cover is awesome though as is the metallic/mirror kind of sleeve.

Back