Vinyl Me Please Country

Also for anyone interested in the actual track. Just saw that the first month will officially be in March. Record revealed with the formal announcement In February.
I’m so excited to see it all unfold!!! 😍🙈🥰😄

It’s going to look amazing seeing four ROTM’s together as well! A bit of something for everyone! ❤️

Really excited about beefing up my classic/outlaw country collection, and props to Storf for finding another way to complete his personal Willie Nelson discography lol.

What I really need to be careful of personally is not being a completionist with this track. I'm imagining many of the classic albums with be widely available for cheap on Discogs. For example, I've been beefing up my Willie Nelson collection lately for on average about $5 a pop and they are in decent to great condition. No way I'm subscribing for a side sub for $33 or whatever the hell it is now if I can get an OG or older reissue for $25 cheaper.

It's hard to believe that some people keep supporting VMP after they closed the old forum. Do you guys realize that we are basically paying for a forum to keep promoting VMP's business?

giphy.gif

Don't want to cause annoyance here but you've actually highlighted exactly why I never understand this topic.

I don't see the issue with just ignoring/not checking the threads which don't interest you? There are lots of threads on the club section alone where tons of discussions take place that I never even open as it's not something that interests me at this time, such as VMP R&HH (9k), Secretly Society (1K), etc (no offence to those threads). That's before I even consider the dozens of other threads across the site.

This.

Not checking is difficult in a section where there are limited threads and one club has the most active 5 or 6. They literally dominate the front page drowning out other potential areas of discussion. Perhaps I should use the ignore, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

I do dislike us rewarding a club that treated us so badly with so much free airspace and the idea that contributor growth in here is coming through people wanting to talk about VMP first. Perhaps I’m bitter, perhaps I want to hold onto an element of the community spirit that led to this place existing or perhaps this has just been a hard year.

One thing I am certain of, I didn’t like storf even when I was a VMP subscriber and almost, but not quite, Nathan level fan boy.

How do they drown out things? I've never had an issue finding or seeing other, non vmp related threads. This place isn't big enough to lose things in the comments. Is there a way to ignore entire threads? If not maybe that can be implemented.

This.

How do they drown out things? I've never had an issue finding or seeing other, non vmp related threads. This place isn't big enough to lose things in the comments. Is there a way to ignore entire threads? If not maybe that can be implemented.
Yes, we installed an add-on. You can scroll to the top of any page and click "Ignore Thread"

Funny enough, I hardly care about VMP these days - not a subscriber and not worth the time or emotional investment, for me, to bad mouth them, so why would I?

Also, I am not into country music.

I only ever clicked on this thread because the second I saw that it was created I wondered how many replies in until the old debate about VMP thread consolidation emerged.

I will say that my popcorn and I were not disappointed.

Funny enough, I hardly care about VMP these days - not a subscriber and not worth the time or emotional investment, for me, to bad mouth them, so why would I?

Also, I am not into country music.

I only ever clicked on this thread because the second I saw that it was created I wondered how many replies in until the old debate about VMP thread consolidation emerged.

I will say that my popcorn and I were not disappointed.
Since Joe and Sephs started making gluten and dairy free popcorn my movie watching experience has been transformed for the better.

VMP is a funny old thing though. I'm trying to think if any other record pressing company is so polarising. On one hand there is almost fanatical Devotion to it and on the other absolute disregard. In the middle there's increasingly an embattled minority who are almost becoming entrenched in a constant need to justify why they think its kinda alright. I mean, wars have been started over less.

At the end of the day fostering a sense of community ownership to help grow a rampant user base, only to then torpedo that base when it was considered counter productive to further growth was a very clinically enacted business move. But I guess VMP is a business and I suppose its core aim in that regard is to make as much money as possible. It just hid that really well behind a facade of interaction and co-op aesthetics. But, you know, fuck it. You're right. If they have a product people want then people should buy it.

My motto is “take what you like, and leave the rest”

I have multiple threads on ignore here. For no real reason other than I see them pop up and never go in them, and never will. Makes things easier for me and I spend more time in the categories I enjoy engaging in.

I don't know who Joe and Seph are....but isn't popcorn already gluten and dairy free by constitution?

It depends. Are you popping the kernels yourself? Then yes, until you add other ingredients.

Are you popping some sort of premixed popcorn kernels in say, a microwave bag? Then its quite likely its not both gluten and dairy free. And if you're at the movies then its most likely not gluten free due to the mix of seasoning they toss it with.

This concludes your gluten free living tip for the day.

It depends. Are you popping the kernels yourself? Then yes, until you add other ingredients.

Are you popping some sort of premixed popcorn kernels in say, a microwave bag? Then its quite likely its not both gluten and dairy free. And if you're at the movies then its most likely not gluten free due to the mix of seasoning they toss it with.

Yup. The bane of my life! Simple shit that I should be able to eat being cross contaminated by whatever its either next to or because someone has decided to give it a funky and unnecessary twist. Whey in crisps (potato chips) infuriates me. Why go to the trouble of making gluten free crisps if you're then going to hose them in a dairy product? Chances are if you can't eat one then you can't eat the other too

I guess I didn't take into account butter popcorn for the dairy....since only sociopaths eat plain popcorn. As for the gluten, I guess I was just looking at literal popped corn there, too.

But, really, if popcorn is your favorite snack or even among your top choices then you might as well just eat it plain....'cause you're also a sociopath.

I guess I didn't take into account butter popcorn for the dairy....since only sociopaths eat plain popcorn. As for the gluten, I guess I was just looking at literal popped corn there, too.

But, really, if popcorn is your favorite snack or even among your top choices then you might as well just eat it plain....'cause you're also a sociopath.
Despite the bucket of salt on any bag it's also a much healthier option as a cinema food than, for example, Ice Cream or nachos. Granted that's not saying much as I doubt the concession stand at a cinema is exactly the bastion of healthy living but definitely the lesser of most evils. If it wasn't for the fact that any consumption would likely lead to me shitting my trousers mid-film I'd go for it every time.

But just plain unflavored popcorn is definitely, definitely not the way to go. Even if followed up by a causal bout of axe murdering.

That's awesome and should end the discussion then
To play devil’s advocate - keeping in mind that I’m personally not for forced culling - I think the argument of some members isn’t necessarily just about what they see and can or cannot ignore (with or without the aid of site functions).

If I’m understanding it correctly - and I believe @Joe Mac made this argument - it’s also about undue attention given to them in the terms of free advertising. So, visitors, who aren’t members and possibly not familiar with the overall raison d'etre of N&G, may be confused by the abundance of VMP presence. And it’s giving a level of advertisement in the form of care and attention to them that they weren’t willing to provide to us (which should’ve been the correctly flow of things).

I think it’s a reasonable argument. I just don’t want to see it in the hands of admin to make that choice for the collective.

Yee-haw!

Back