Vinyl Me Please Country

To play devil’s advocate - keeping in mind that I’m personally not for forced culling - I think the argument of some members isn’t necessarily just about what they see and can or cannot ignore (with or without the aid of site functions).

If I’m understanding it correctly - and I believe @Joe Mac made this argument - it’s also about undue attention given to them in the terms of free advertising. So, visitors, who aren’t members and possibly not familiar with the overall raison d'etre of N&G, may be confused by the abundance of VMP presence. And it’s giving a level of advertisement in the form of care and attention to them that they weren’t willing to provide to us (which should’ve been the correctly flow of things).

I think it’s a reasonable argument. I just don’t want to see it in the hands of admin to make that choice for the collective.

Yee-haw!

It's a devil's advocate argument for sure. Which is arguing for the sake of arguing which is fine.

It's a devil's advocate argument for sure. Which is arguing for the sake of arguing which is fine.
Well...that’s actually not what a DA is in it's true sense. It’s red-teaming; it’s about running through the premises of counter-arguments and contradictory positions - ideally for finding weaknesses & strengths in your own and their argument. It’s certainly for more than just the sake of arguing.

Now, THIS reply is a little bit for the sake of arguing. But both “lord” and “baby” are in my name so I’m destined to pontificate and find things to cry about.

It’s not a devils advocate for me because I actually believe in my argument. Devils advocate is where you argue the other side of an argument for balance, or to find weaknesses in your own, without necessarily agreeing with the point of view.

@Lord Diaper Baby where we disagree is that I think that the staff are the only people who can make that decision, they’re the only people in a position to set the tone. Anyway I’ve been vocal enough in here so I’m going to slink out for now.

It’s not a devils advocate for me because I actually believe in my argument. Devils advocate is where you argue the other side of an argument for balance, or to find weaknesses in your own, without necessarily agreeing with the point of view.

@Lord Diaper Baby where we disagree is that I think that the staff are the only people who can make that decision, they’re the only people in a position to set the tone. Anyway I’ve been vocal enough in here so I’m going to slink out for now.

I agree. @Lord Diaper Baby was using devil's advocate. You're not. Thank you for what you just said it's refreshing even if we don't agree.

I'm curious, are there labels out there that strictly do country reissues? Is there a Now-Again/Mr Bongo label for country?

I don't think so. Magnolia Record Club is probably the closest with their folk-country RotM club.

I think this will be a big seller for VMP - the Sturgill bluegrass exclusive sold out 1500 copies in a couple days. I think they'll be left with a lot of dead stock when they have a dud pick, but that happens in the other tracks too (and is not my concern).

The guy I interviewed in my PODCAST said that Bluegrass is a genre that sells well, and many are not aware of it.
Wow I didnt know you had a podcast, thats tomorrows listening sorted!

I have also been meaning to listen to this current episode of The Vinyl Guide, which some of you guys might enjoy. Its with the record collector John Tefteller, who has spent an ungodly amount on rare Blues, Bluesgrass, Rhythm & Blues, Rock, etc albums.

Hoping we get some great picks with this new country, My mom was a country girl who moved to the city so I grew up listening to a ton of country .

And thanks for making a new thread for it. It makes sense to have a dedicated thread for each track and it’s super easy to hit ignore thread if you don’t want to participate.

Wow I didnt know you had a podcast, thats tomorrows listening sorted!

I have also been meaning to listen to this current episode of The Vinyl Guide, which some of you guys might enjoy. Its with the record collector John Tefteller, who has spent an ungodly amount on rare Blues, Bluesgrass, Rhythm & Blues, Rock, etc albums.

It’s a short series for college credit.

My motto is “take what you like, and leave the rest”

I have multiple threads on ignore here. For no real reason other than I see them pop up and never go in them, and never will. Makes things easier for me and I spend more time in the categories I enjoy engaging in.
That reminds me...a few weeks ago, I was walking down the street when this stunning young woman came towards me on her bike.

When she got close, she jumped off the bike, took all her clothes off and said exactly your line - " take what you like and leave the rest".

I figured the clothes wouldn't fit so I took the bike.

Maybe all these crusty country albums in my auction boxes will suddenly gain interest with buyers... Flea Market Me, Please.

They are just gonna troll everyone and release a different version of that Garth Brooks box set for the first 3 months. :p

Storf loves Garth and tried to get them in the past with no luck. I would love if Garth lightened up his view (which he seems he has with the box set) and we could get his self-titled in the country track.

Back