Vinyl Me Please Country

I wish half of the comments on the VMP threads werent VMP hate about the same ol‘ same ol’. Alot of from ex-members.
Not that y’alls complaints arent valid but if I quit, I’d probably post one last “I’m out” rant and then just frequent the many other threads on this forum and let those who do still enjoy VMP, enjoy it.
These are topics, not memberships--N&G members can participate in any topic they choose, provided they're not attacking other members. People can be interested in topics for a variety of reasons, including spite 😂

When this place was set up, we were advised by mods that there would be no additional vmp threads as four was enough. It was even voted on, so not sure why more vmp threads are now allowed.
There needs to be a VMP thread for each VMP track! Because a new VMP track has come out/been announced, it makes sense to create a new thread for it!

When this place was set up, we were advised by mods that there would be no additional vmp threads as four was enough. It was even voted on, so not sure why more vmp threads are now allowed.
My personal opinion on it has always been that because threads are member-created what’s to stop a member from creating that thread?

We can vote on a preference for the number of VMP threads till we’re blue in the face - but if we collectively vote, say, four as the ceiling and someone creates a fifth...? Delete it? Why?

I’m not a VMP member so I’m not defending the company, but rather the practice of not policing threads.

There are plenty of threads for bands here that I am either ambivalent toward or actively dislike (looking at you U2) but I ignore them...I look at a multitude of VMP threads the same way.

I think the best kind of vote we can have is a passive one via participation - if a thread serves no purpose then people simply won’t participate in it.

These are topics, not memberships--N&G members can participate in any topic they choose, provided they're not attacking other members. People can be interested in topics for a variety of reasons, including spite 😂

They sure can. Just sure seems like a waste of time to me. I really enjoy this hobby so I find it kind of unbelievable that so many feel the need to focus on a company they quit while also saying how happy they are to be “done” with VMP. Kind of eye rolling...

So I guess youre right, feel free to jump in on a topic regularly because of spite. Sometimes its hard to see the difference between this place and reddit.

look i dont like the idea of like 10 VMP threads either but you know if we merge every single thread together (including the store thread and anthology thread which are VERY active) its just going to be a major clusterfuck of incomprehensibility

difference between this place and reddit.

In the VMP threads I agree. It feels like we’ve become the de facto VMP forum and are growing through that which is sad. The rest of the forum can be full of the kindness and friendship that I always hoped this place would become. The cafe, large parts of the equip, PiF Santa etc.

I think the other thing is that for a place that isn’t VMP affiliated and came out of VMP telling us to fuck off it seems perverse to have an entire area of the forum being full of mostly VMP threads. The only way to see any other club stuff is to actively ignore these threads.

They sure can. Just sure seems like a waste of time to me. I really enjoy this hobby so I find it kind of unbelievable that so many feel the need to focus on a company they quit while also saying how happy they are to be “done” with VMP. Kind of eye rolling...

So I guess youre right, feel free to jump in on a topic regularly because of spite. Sometimes its hard to see the difference between this place and reddit.
You realize the reason why you have to type in needlesandgrooves.com instead of forum.vinylmeplease is, right?

Yep, Im reminded on here all the time.
I was on the old forum too, I just don’t take a company closing a forum too personally, especially well over a year later.

I think there are ways of doing things and I found the way that they chose to conduct themselves when, and in how, they decided to close the forum very hard to take in any way other than personally.

In the VMP threads I agree. It feels like we’ve become the de facto VMP forum and are growing through that which is sad. The rest of the forum can be full of the kindness and friendship that I always hoped this place would become. The cafe, large parts of the equip, PiF Santa etc.

I think the other thing is that for a place that isn’t VMP affiliated and came out of VMP telling us to fuck off it seems perverse to have an entire area of the forum being full of mostly VMP threads. The only way to see any other club stuff is to actively ignore these threads.

Agreed. This place is great outside the VMP threads, which is why it sucks so much that 50% of those threads are just full of negativity.
I 100% understand why someone would quit VMP and not saying any of the negativity is not valid, its just constant and the same old crap mostly from people who have claimed to have “moved on from VMP”.
I’d be totally fine with all those threads merging into one, maybe the discussion on 5-6 different tracks may drown out the price complaining, late shipping, ”bad“ curation, storf hate, “more time” jokes, etc etc etc

Last edited:
Just reiterating what others have said, but I feel this country track will oscillate between truly essential albums (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jenning), etc). and complete trash (Florida Georgia Line, etc.).

My VMP bridge offer is done in February and I'm trying to cut way back on my vinyl purchases, so alas, I probably won't be in for any of it, but...

Congrats to Storf for making this a reality.

My wish for the first album is Johnny Cash Sings the Ballads of the True West. That's a great, underrated Cash album with no vinyl reissue.

I think there are ways of doing things and I found the way that they chose to conduct themselves when, and in how, they decided to close the forum very hard to take in any way other than personally.

Which is your right. I remember the backlash, and I get the initial hate on here even if I dont share it. But for the threads to still be filled with it after this long when we have a new forum (that everyone claims to like better) just makes me roll my eyes

I said including, as a joke that does seem true for a very few, but I don't think it's true of most here. Because again, these are topics on our forum. Every member is welcome to participate. Discussing the value, practices, and developments both positive and negative is a valid reason to be here, and unlike other clubs, a lot of people have enough experience with VMP to have something to add. While I'm fine with multiple VMP threads, since they're active they are going to pop up into people's feeds over and over. It's as natural to check in for the conversation in those as any other topic one is familiar with.

We're all equally familiar with the lazy Reddit snipes, but this community doesn't exist to enhance the VMP or any other club experience. That it does is wonderful, but the complaints that the threads don't provide an insular members-only experience are as tiresome as any of the over-the-top repetitive vitriol.

Back