Vinyl Me Please Country

In the VMP threads I agree. It feels like we’ve become the de facto VMP forum and are growing through that which is sad. The rest of the forum can be full of the kindness and friendship that I always hoped this place would become. The cafe, large parts of the equip, PiF Santa etc.

I think the other thing is that for a place that isn’t VMP affiliated and came out of VMP telling us to fuck off it seems perverse to have an entire area of the forum being full of mostly VMP threads. The only way to see any other club stuff is to actively ignore these threads.
Don't want to cause annoyance here but you've actually highlighted exactly why I never understand this topic.

I don't see the issue with just ignoring/not checking the threads which don't interest you? There are lots of threads on the club section alone where tons of discussions take place that I never even open as it's not something that interests me at this time, such as VMP R&HH (9k), Secretly Society (1K), etc (no offence to those threads). That's before I even consider the dozens of other threads across the site.

We're all equally familiar with the lazy Reddit snipes, but this community doesn't exist to enhance the VMP or any other club experience. That it does is wonderful, but the complaints that the threads don't provide an insular members-only experience are as tiresome as any of the over-the-top repetitive vitriol.

Well one causes the other and I must have missed all the talk about wanting an “insular” experience. With the exception of today, I dont notice it with anywhere near the frequency of repetitive complaints.
I personally usually just roll my eyes and move to the next post.

Today it just seem to stick out since I was really pumped for this announcements and it’s immediately followed by the same typical VMP complaints from folks who have “moved on and are better off”. But that’s my fault, this is still the internet. Should have just continued to roll my eyes and move on.

Well one causes the other and I must have missed all the talk about wanting an “insular” experience. With the exception of today, I dont notice it with anywhere near the frequency of repetitive complaints.

Today it just seem to stick out since I was really pumped for this announcements and it’s immediately followed by the same typical VMP complaints from folks who have “moved on and are better off”. But that’s my fault, this is still the internet. Should have just continued to roll my eyes and move on.
It sticks out because you created a thread that goes against our previously elected # of dedicated threads to a company we don’t necessarily want to endorse.

It sticks out because you created a thread that goes against our previously elected # of dedicated threads to a company we don’t necessarily want to endorse.
no offense but back at that time NO ONE expected there to be a 4th track... i thought we were all thinking of just the threads for the specific tracks, one for anthology, and one for all around stuff like swaps and store and most likely drama

Don't want to cause annoyance here but you've actually highlighted exactly why I never understand this topic.

I don't see the issue with just ignoring/not checking the threads which don't interest you? There are lots of threads on the club section alone where tons of discussions take place that I never even open as it's not something that interests me at this time, such as VMP R&HH (9k), Secretly Society (1K), etc (no offence to those threads). That's before I even consider the dozens of other threads across the site.

Thank you. You articulated it better than I have. I subbed to Magnolia for awhile and checked the thread frequently. Their picks eventually became repetitive to me and I quit so I stopped checking or participating in that thread more than every once in awhile.

People of course can complain on a forum, I guess I just dont get the dislike for a company to still exist to that level long after stopping buying from them.

Yeah I never saw anything like that and I apologize if I broke any rules. Figured there was a dedicated thread to every other individual track + anthology, why wouldnt this be one?

no offense but back at that time NO ONE expected there to be a 4th track... i thought we were all thinking of just the threads for the specific tracks, one for anthology, and one for all around stuff like swaps and store and most likely drama

Yeah that was my impression. If the forum would rather combine into one thread, that doesnt bother me.

That’s bullshit. We all knew Country would be the next track and you know it.

Yeah, they also flat out said tracks were on the backburner in favor of Anthology since it was easier to make happen. And that Was closer to the time this forum was launched.

And if they should be combined into one VMP thread, or “VMP General”, “VMP tracks”, and “VMP Anthology, whatever. Go do it. Youre an admin, get the ball rolling. I’ll follow the rules. But as it’s divided now it seemed to make sense making a new thread considering all the other tracks had one.

Not checking is difficult in a section where there are limited threads and one club has the most active 5 or 6. They literally dominate the front page drowning out other potential areas of discussion. Perhaps I should use the ignore, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

I do dislike us rewarding a club that treated us so badly with so much free airspace and the idea that contributor growth in here is coming through people wanting to talk about VMP first. Perhaps I’m bitter, perhaps I want to hold onto an element of the community spirit that led to this place existing or perhaps this has just been a hard year.

One thing I am certain of, I didn’t like storf even when I was a VMP subscriber and almost, but not quite, Nathan level fan boy.

Yeah, they also flat out said tracks were on the backburner in favor of Anthology since it was easier to make happen. And that Was closer to the time this forum was launched.

And if they should be combined into one VMP thread, or “VMP General”, “VMP tracks”, and “VMP Anthology, whatever. Go do it. Youre an admin, get the ball rolling. I’ll follow the rules. But as it’s divided now it seemed to make sense making a new thread considering all the other tracks had one.
Nah, I’d rather complain in all 6 and annoy the hell out of ya

That’s bullshit. We all knew Country would be the next track and you know it.
i honestly didn't even know we were getting a 4th track until like a few months ago... mostly because there have been several tracks that have been "on there way" that never materialized.. remember the crate digger track? the country sub was always an idea coming but it seemed like it was never really going to happen

you are honestly being kinda mean spirited to me... i honestly dont have an amazing memory and the small references to "vinyl me partner" were so small in my head i just forgot about them all along, it seems like you are assuming malicious intent on me when it really wasn't

Officially announced as the 4th track in the new Standard. Available for pre-order in Feb 2021.

This is the one I’ve been waiting for.

4D8AFC05-F02A-4FC5-8853-7AF1DBEC510F.jpeg

Excited for some classic country, 1970s and earlier. Hopefully they get some good AAA reissues of a lot of great classic country albums here and there. So many weren't really reissued for a long time on vinyl despite being mega classics. (I Am A Lonesome Fugitive and Honky Tonk Heroes for starters).

Excited for some classic country, 1970s and earlier. Hopefully they get some good AAA reissues of a lot of great classic country albums here and there. So many weren't really reissued for a long time on vinyl despite being mega classics. (I Am A Lonesome Fugitive and Honky Tonk Heroes for starters).
Honky Tonk Heroes would be my #1 desire.

Yeah I never saw anything like that and I apologize if I broke any rules. Figured there was a dedicated thread to every other individual track + anthology, why wouldnt this be one?
I don't think you did anything wrong, it's completely natural to start a track thread given the current set up, and I understand that you might not see the ongoing back and forth the same way. I'm sorry for the snark, I am sincerely glad that people find community here in any or all of the threads. I personally get tired of people criticizing others for being VMP members, as well as folks claiming only current or uncritical members should post in the VMP threads, but both supporting and criticizing VMP itself is appropriate. I realize now that you were unaware of since of the ongoing... discourse on the subject. Anyway, I hope the new track delivers.

Back