Vinyl Me Please Country

Not suprised, Storf said he was blown away by the signups and interest.
Johnny Cash has cross genre appeal and with a hip-hop release on the Essentials sub and some “sensual” 70s R&B on the Classic Sub I am guessing there was a lot of people switching over to the Country sub for this month. It’s by far the most mass appealing of the 4 subs this month.

Johnny Cash has cross genre appeal and with a hip-hop release on the Essentials sub and some “sensual” 70s R&B on the Classic Sub I am guessing there was a lot of people switching over to the Country sub for this month. It’s by far the most mass appealing of the 4 subs this month.

Right. And so much for “this is a record in everyones collection“.
I also wouldnt be surprised if this brought in some new subscribers outside of VMPs normal audience. Noone is consistently putting out Country reissues like this. You only have the occasional release from Friday Music, Music on Vinyl, Sony Legacy, and its always the usual suspects. This is long overdue.

I jumped in just in time, my OG stereo was rougher than I remembered, particularly on Side 2 in terms of crackle and surface noise. Will save to give to my kids when they get into records!

Does anyone else feel like this sub is just going to be country for newbs or am I being shitty and elitist by saying that
I'm a total country noob, and while I will never sub to VMP again, I do appreciate they "curating" these picks for people like me. Some have said these albums/artists are must haves for anyone getting into Country music, so I enjoy someone putting them in front of me.

That being said, (and maybe this has to do with my total noob-ness), I enjoy classics and lesser-known artists on the same level. @soulsteprecords has introduced me to some great contemporary acts like The Local Honeys, Amythyst Kiah, and Emily Nenni.

Last edited:
I'm a total country noob, and while I will never sub to VMP again, I do appreciate they "curating" these picks for people like me. Some have said these albums/artists are musts for anyone getting intou Country music, so I enjoy someone putting them in front of me.

That being said, (and maybe this has to do with my total noob-ness), I enjoy classics and lesser-known artists on the same level. @soulsteprecords has introduced me to some great contemporary acts like The Local Honeys, Amythyst Kiah, and Emily Nenni.

Yes, Soul Step rules. Their footprint series is amazing.

I think you’re gonna get hit with a full 3 month charge. That happened to me after the bridge deal. It was showing up at the bridge price again and then charged a full 3 months so I cancelled and asked for my money back. Maybe you’ll have better luck than me!
So I was only charged $89 for a 3 month subscription... Hooray for VMP’s incompetence?

Chris Bellman just did a AAA version of this a few years ago. Sounds great and is still available...

I must say, this was a great recommendation. Thanks for letting me know about it. I thought it was just some standard digital cut that was released a few years back. Nope. The Chris Bellman cut of it is absolutely stunning! Just got a copy yesterday. You can literally feel the strings being plucked. Sounds like everyone is in the room with you.

Back