Vinyl Me Please Country

Phew, this was a close one. I was tempted to jump back in when they teased the track, but feel I can sit this one out, at least for now. I own all three of the first albums in good condition OG presses, and I can use the money to get something I really need instead. Now, if they were to throw in some rare 90s stuff like Robbie Fulks, Iris Dement or Creek Dippers it'll be another story...

Looked at this Legacy press because it is about half price of vmp for me and probably go for that.
But it is interesting that the releases seem kinda different. The legacy 2 LP seems to be the complete recording of the first show ( from the legacy 5lp box) including a carl perkins and a statlers tune while the original at folsom prison lp seems to be a mix of the two shows ( including i got stripes and give my love to rose, from the second set which seem not to be included on the 2lp version)
Yep this is totally correct, I really like the longer set with the added Perkins and Statler Bros stuff, but yeah it's missing those two tracks. Tough call honestly, I might try the VMP just to see if it's better in terms of the mastering. But the 2 LP is pretty well done all around.

Positive.

That’s good to know! The original release sounds quite good too but the auto coupling sucks.

They should really make the sub worth it and give us an AAA version of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s Will The Circle Be Unbroken.

Chris Bellman just did a AAA version of this a few years ago. Sounds great and is still available...

Was just going to say this. This pressing is incredible and a good price considering the amount of music and the quality of the packaging.

I'm definitely not anti-VMP pressing something that is available already, but this would be a real long shot considering the length. I would love something else by them though, like Stars & Stripes, forever. And one of my Anthology wishlists is a "Story of Country Music" which I think "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" would pretty much be a must.

according to this article it was

Can’t read it but that’s interesting! That would be awesome if it got an AAA treatment but I’m not holding my breath. I’m thinking we get new lacquers cut by Ryan Smith and then pressed at GZ on a psychedelic swirl color or something like that.

They do enjoy the brown colored records don’t they?
Well, I mean, the argument could be made that it’s because they’re a bunch of turds....🤐

While I’m obviously out, and I suspect that the track would go in places that I wouldn’t particularly be interested in, I am glad to see this sub finally happen.

Last edited:
Is "shit" gonna be bleeped out on this version? My 2LP Legacy copy has "shit." I like my Cash with uncensored shit.
I guess the same would go for 'bitch' in Cocaine Blues as well. It will be interesting to see what stance they take with this, have their been other pressings of the album that censor certain words?

I guess the same would go for 'bitch' in Cocaine Blues as well. It will be interesting to see what stance they take with this, have their been other pressings of the album that censor certain words?
That's what I'm wondering. Besides my 2LP Legacy pressing of the first show, I've only had an early copy of At Folsom which, indeed, had the censored words.

So, I was just listening to the OG pressing today and they do censors “shit” with kind of an steam horn sound effect while Cash is jokingly admonishing the crowd for cursing while they are recording an album and states the Colombia will “probably take that out” but in “Cocaine Blues” he definitely says “I shot that bad bitch down”.

Back