Vinyl Me Please Country

I think we're just talking classics? Tree of Forgiveness was a a new release, so then you have a few Sturgills, Cody Jinks, a couple Margo Price, a couple Courtney Marie Anderson, Tanya Tucker, Paul Cauthen, Jason Isbell, etc etc etc.

If we're just talking about Classic Country album reissues then yeah I think it's 4 Townes, 3 Willie, Prine, Loretta, Dolly.

Yeah those are what I would consider the classics for sure. I am going to try to collect these after the fact, wish me luck. Some will be cheap, others not so much.

And the Merle - Live @ ACL and Waylon - Live @ ACL records.

And Link Wray...ok that's more rock than country, but it's still one of my favourite exclusives.

I have both the ACL records but they were just colored variants of the New West line as opposed to classic album reissues so I don't group those in there.

Though I guess you could technically use that argument for the 2 TVZ reissues too but at least those are classic albums. Guess it depends what criteria you use.

Yeah those are what I would consider the classics for sure. I am going to try to collect these after the fact, wish me luck. Some will be cheap, others not so much.

I got lucky that shortly after I joined VMP, they had a pop up in NYC and I grabbed the Willie "Words Don't Fit the Picture" exclusive for $10 when I was on the fence previously. This was during my transition from a "No Country but Cash" New Yorker, to a full on Country die hard.

I wish I had picked up the first Willie release, The Words Don’t Fit The Picture now goes for over a $100 last I checked and Townes Van Zandt self titled sold out before I got around to to purchasing it. I think I have the rest of them. Looks like there are a few of Jolene and Both Sides Now going for just under $50 currently and it seems like Fist City and The Troublemaker would be at the next tier down on availability and cost. The Records Of The Month from Townes and Loretta are each readily available.

Last edited:
I just played my copy of Metamodern Sounds, and while it doesn't sound bad, the mastering isn't amazing either. I can see VMP doing a very good job with this one, making it worth it even if its a very readily available record. Either way, I'm not subbing, but I thought I would share my impressions on them reissuing this album.

I just played my copy of Metamodern Sounds, and while it doesn't sound bad, the mastering isn't amazing either. I can see VMP doing a very good job with this one, making it worth it even if its a very readily available record. Either way, I'm not subbing, but I thought I would share my impressions on them reissuing this album.

I wonder if it was recorded on tape originally. If so it could be a AAA reissue.

Me, too. Yeah I wish I had picked up all three. I know for a while there they couldn't give away copies of Troublemaker and Fist City, now they aren't cheap on the secondary market.

I forgot about Fist City! Seriously I don't think I was every as happy about an AOTM announcement as Coal Miners Daughter w/ the Fist City exclusive.

On the top of my wishlist for this sub was a good reissue of Dwight Yoakam "Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc, Etc" since ive heard bad things about the 2014 reissue.
But I suddenly noticed tracks disappearing on Apple Music and saw that Dwight is suing Warner over Music rights on the masters. So I pulled the trigger on an original press of this which I'm happily listening to now, since we may not be able to get a new pressing of this for a longggggg time.

Following up this. The album has now been completely pulled from all US streaming services. Might want to grab physical copies while you can. I know it isnt a hard find currently, but it may start shooting up.

So in the liner notes video that got emailed out, did anyone else notice the four albums shown that were considered for the first album were Red Headed Stranger, Meta Modern, Coat of Many Colors and Folsom?

Makes me think Dolly will be Country album #4.

And Red Headed Stranger will be an Essential RotM down the line.

Back