Vinyl Me Please Country

Has VMP released any classic country records besides the 2 Loretta's, 3 Willie records, 3 or 4 Townes Records and one Dolly record? Am I missing anything?

Id be shocked if straighter folk was. Bluegrass probably should be. Also folk music isn’t confined to the Americas or their styles. Also remember who is curating it.
Folk music is a far more overarching term than country music and we both agree that country music is an offshoot of folk music, which originated in the American South East and West, but what you need to also recognize is that some artists have dabbled in both, whether it's Roger Miller, Woody Guthrie, or Emmylou Harris to name but a few. Despite all its differences there's a lot more striking similarities between the two genres, be it stylistically, lyrically (both telling stories), rhythmically etc. Heck both folk and country music share the same stringed instruments including strings like acoustic guitar, fiddle, mandolin etc. That being said, the new wave of indie-folk artists we have grown accustomed to in recent years, who lean more towards pop than country, should not be considered country music nor is it. Same could be said for modern-day country music which is more of a pop and rock crossover . All that to say, the line between folk and country music is more dotted than blured, at least in it's true form.

Folk music is a far more overarching term than country music and we both agree that country music is an offshoot of folk music, which originated in the American South East and West, but what you need to also recognize is that some artists have dabbled in both, whether it's Roger Miller, Woody Guthrie, or Emmylou Harris to name but a few. Despite all its differences there's a lot more striking similarities between the two genres, be it stylistically, lyrically (both telling stories), rhythmically etc. Heck both folk and country music share the same stringed instruments including strings like acoustic guitar, fiddle, mandolin etc. That being said, the new wave of indie-folk artists we have grown accustomed to in recent years, who lean more towards pop than country, should not be considered country music nor is it. Same could be said for modern-day country music which is more of a pop and rock crossover . All that to say, the line between folk and country music is more dotted than blured, at least in it's true form.

if they do a Guthrie/Dylan/Baez/Seeger style album in the country sub I’ll eat a fucking Stetson.

There are 2 VMP John Prine’s. Tree of Forgiveness was an exclusive.

I think we're just talking classics? Tree of Forgiveness was a a new release, so then you have a few Sturgills, Cody Jinks, a couple Margo Price, a couple Courtney Marie Anderson, Tanya Tucker, Paul Cauthen, Jason Isbell, etc etc etc.

If we're just talking about Classic Country album reissues then yeah I think it's 4 Townes, 3 Willie, Prine, Loretta, Dolly.

I think we're just talking classics? Tree of Forgiveness was a a new release, so then you have a few Sturgills, Cody Jinks, a couple Margo Price, a couple Courtney Marie Anderson, Tanya Tucker, Paul Cauthen, Jason Isbell, etc etc etc.

If we're just talking about Classic Country album reissues then yeah I think it's 4 Townes, 3 Willie, Prine, Loretta, Dolly.
And the Merle - Live @ ACL and Waylon - Live @ ACL records.

And Link Wray...ok that's more rock than country, but it's still one of my favourite exclusives.

Back