Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I was wondering where these Tribe records have been pressed as the only information available on the VMP website is "In partnership with Now-Again Records, we present the definitive reissues of these sought-after albums. These albums sound as good – or better – than the rare original LP issues. They are pressed on high-quality 180g black vinyl and housed in heavyweight, tip-on jackets."

I've just asked Client Service and the answer is GZ vinyl (as the Herbie box set). I know you guys already have been sharing about GZ quality in comparison to other pressing plants but is there such a big difference as some LP's were remixed from the original tapes?
GZ is capable of pressing great sounding records. I just find that their QC can be very suspect and their good pressings aren't as consistently as good as some other plants...although lately it seems like everybody is having issues with QC.

anthology has just had problems across the board, from blue note being full of problems to motown being too expensive to grateful dead being both too expensive and not having a major purpose to it taking forever to finally get sales for herbie

the only ones that seemed to honestly do really well were ghostly, zamrock, and who knows maybe herbie will be great

anthology has just had problems across the board, from blue note being full of problems to motown being too expensive to grateful dead being both too expensive and not having a major purpose to it taking forever to finally get sales for herbie

the only ones that seemed to honestly do really well were ghostly, zamrock, and who knows maybe herbie will be great
i mean VMP as a whole has issues with everything. I got the Zamrock box and it was missing an album in it. The overall quality though of the Blue Note and Zamrock boxes are awesome and I don't regret buying them for the price even though I had initial issues with both. The issues were all rectified and the records sound awesome.

After @craigdino gets taken care of with a discount code, if anybody else has one they don't wanna use, please let me know. A buddy wants to pick one up as well at the discounted price.

After @craigdino gets taken care of with a discount code, if anybody else has one they don't wanna use, please let me know. A buddy wants to pick one up as well at the discounted price.
same here. was hoping some would still be floating around, but as time goes by, not sure if it'll still work...but i'm game to try!

Someone on Reddit posted a screenshot of their message with CS. It seems that they have “fixed” the exploit allowing you to apply the coupon on top of the member discount.

So it sounds like those codes won’t work anymore for members. Bummer...

Someone on Reddit posted a screenshot of their message with CS. It seems that they have “fixed” the exploit allowing you to apply the coupon on top of the member discount.

I just ran the thing though my cart without hitting the final pay option and it's telling me $199 for international with code.

EDIT- Once I get to shipping it adds $40 for international shipping but the exploit still appears to work from what I can see.

I just ran the thing though my cart without hitting the final pay option and it's telling me $199 for international with code.

EDIT- Once I get to shipping it adds $40 for international shipping but the exploit still appears to work from what I can see.
Good to know they cant figure out how to fix it. I’ll wait and see if anyone sends a code my way, otherwise I’ll just go ahead and buy it for $249.

I know someone that just used the coupon and got it to work...they are just telling people that the exploit is fixed it seems. It should still work.

I know someone that just used the coupon and got it to work...they are just telling people that the exploit is fixed it seems. It should still work.
tenor.gif

So you got it for 199?
Quite a few people on reddit have gotten it for $199 too. If you want to try it, see if you can get a code from someone else and maybe cancel your order if you can? I wonder if this trick would have worked for Herbie too...

What I suspected seems to be true. Only people who are not current members got the $50 off coupon.

Back