Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Crazy. They chose the worst one haha

I think it got the reputation as the worst due to Ghostly immediately pressing all the albums on black vinyl, negating the need for an anthology. If you're a fan of the Ghostly artists, though, it's a solid set of music. The box design itself is nice, which I'm guessing is the main reason for the nomination. There's a solid argument to be made that between the cost and selections, not even accounting for all the errors in the sets, that The Grateful Dead is the worst executed.

I think it got the reputation as the worst due to Ghostly immediately pressing all the albums on black vinyl, negating the need for an anthology. If you're a fan of the Ghostly artists, though, it's a solid set of music. The box design itself is nice, which I'm guessing is the main reason for the nomination. There's a solid argument to be made that between the cost and selections, not even accounting for all the errors in the sets, that The Grateful Dead is the worst executed.
Fair. It’s all subjective too. The dead packaging looks really nice from what I’ve seen though which I think is mostly what the nominations are for IIRC. I personally own BN and Zamrock and both are nice quality-wise from a design perspective although the BN one is a bit plain

Fair. It’s all subjective too. The dead packaging looks really nice from what I’ve seen though which I think is mostly what the nominations are for IIRC. I personally own BN and Zamrock and both are nice quality-wise from a design perspective although the BN one is a bit plain
The dead box is one of the best looking box sets I own... If not the best. Detail is great, book is just about right, outer sleeves immense. Its a proper belter. I also get the album choices now I've played it... Although the trauma of multiple fucked records did probably stop me from thinking about what they should do differently.

To be honest I'd still swap about 6 of the 8 albums. Just preferably for unfucked versions of the same picks 😂

@Mather So this "friend" saw how much fun you had with the GD box set and felt they needed to have more stress in their life as well? Or do you actually hate his person and figured they deserve a box of warped records.
Hahahaha IT'S NOT ME BRO IT'S ACTUALLY A REAL LIFE FRIEND THAT I DIDN'T IMAGINE OR PAY HANDSOMELY TO PRETEND

My best friend AQUAMAN says I should just ignore the "haters".

THANKS AQUAMAN!

-high five-
tenor.gif

@Mather So this "friend" saw how much fun you had with the GD box set and felt they needed to have more stress in their life as well? Or do you actually hate his person and figured they deserve a box of warped records.

Hahahaha IT'S NOT ME BRO IT'S ACTUALLY A REAL LIFE FRIEND THAT I DIDN'T IMAGINE OR PAY HANDSOMELY TO PRETEND

My best friend AQUAMAN says I should just ignore the "haters".

THANKS AQUAMAN!

-high five-
His friend is real. It’s me.
1606274128240.gif

Back