Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Nothing to add but man do I love watching this drama unfold after everything they do, and yet people still buy from them so why would they change a broken system when $$$ keeps flowing into their 👛

I only purchased it because of the $199 price which I don't think is egregious. I was going to buy a bunch of the Tribe reissues from Pure Pleasure anyway but at $199, the box price vs Pure Pleasure reissue price isn't bad at all (and actually probably cheaper).

I only purchased it because of the $199 price which I don't think is egregious. I was going to buy a bunch of the Tribe reissues from Pure Pleasure anyway but at $199, the box price vs Pure Pleasure reissue price isn't bad at all (and actually probably cheaper).
Not trying to shame anyone who bought, just find it amusing that every thing they do has something no matter how big or small that goes wrong, there's an old saying in Denver, I know it's in Texas, probably in Denver, that says fool me once shame on you, shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again.

Nothing to add but man do I love watching this drama unfold after everything they do, and yet people still buy from them so why would they change a broken system when $$$ keeps flowing into their 👛

My bridge deal ended today so unless they come out with some “SUPER” sale again then I am out! I’ll still pick up what I truly feel I need from flippers, but the amount of stuff they release that I feel I really need was always overinflated so that I could justify my membership.

My bridge deal ended today so unless they come out with some “SUPER” sale again then I am out! I’ll still pick up what I truly feel I need from flippers, but the amount of stuff they release that I feel I really need was always overinflated so that I could justify my membership.
Yep--mine ends as well this month and I probably shouldn't have even done the bridge deal because I haven't felt the need to own a single VMP album since the price hikes outside of this anthology, which I only bought because of pricing error. Looking back, I took a chance on a lot of records at the $23 swap price because for the most part, if I didn't like them or spin them enough later, I could always sell them later for $23. With price hikes and swap hikes, I just really don't get excited about many of their albums and they have less and less true exclusives lately.

Yep--mine ends as well this month and I probably shouldn't have even done the bridge deal because I haven't felt the need to own a single VMP album since the price hikes outside of this anthology, which I only bought because of pricing error. Looking back, I took a chance on a lot of records at the $23 swap price because for the most part, if I didn't like them or spin them enough later, I could always sell them later for $23. With price hikes and swap hikes, I just really don't get excited about many of their albums and they have less and less true exclusives lately.
Exactly this, the swap price made the risk worth taking. There are so many timeless and amazing albums that I’ve yet to pick up and scoff at when I see a $40 price tag on them even though they’re audiophile quality, I think it’s time my money went that direction....or even better, maybe it’ll go into some cryptocurrency, and I can spend more time with the albums I already have.

I still have a few months left on my year sub, and I’ll take a bridge deal if they offer it— but otherwise I’m out. Classics was good before the hike but I haven’t gotten any in a while that I listen to more than once or twice.

Anyone else happen to have an unused/claimed code? Good friend decided he’d like to get the box as well...

Exactly this, the swap price made the risk worth taking. There are so many timeless and amazing albums that I’ve yet to pick up and scoff at when I see a $40 price tag on them even though they’re audiophile quality, I think it’s time my money went that direction....or even better, maybe it’ll go into some cryptocurrency, and I can spend more time with the albums I already have.
Yep--with the price hike, my money has instead gone to finding used MoFi records or AP pressings because they are way better quality for the most part and now often cheaper than VMP.

I was wondering where these Tribe records have been pressed as the only information available on the VMP website is "In partnership with Now-Again Records, we present the definitive reissues of these sought-after albums. These albums sound as good – or better – than the rare original LP issues. They are pressed on high-quality 180g black vinyl and housed in heavyweight, tip-on jackets."

I've just asked Client Service and the answer is GZ vinyl (as the Herbie box set). I know you guys already have been sharing about GZ quality in comparison to other pressing plants but is there such a big difference as some LP's were remixed from the original tapes?

I was wondering where these Tribe records have been pressed as the only information available on the VMP website is "In partnership with Now-Again Records, we present the definitive reissues of these sought-after albums. These albums sound as good – or better – than the rare original LP issues. They are pressed on high-quality 180g black vinyl and housed in heavyweight, tip-on jackets."

I've just asked Client Service and the answer is GZ vinyl (as the Herbie box set). I know you guys already have been sharing about GZ quality in comparison to other pressing plants but is there such a big difference as some LP's were remixed from the original tapes?
Depends on who you ask, but they’re widely regarded as having shite QC

Back