Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Did anyone hear back from VMP about whether any of the titles were exclusive to the box? I put in a ticket at about 2PM PST on Monday and still haven't heard back.

None of the titles are exclusive to the box, just these color variants. I heard back from CS this morning about it. Ghostly will be releasing all the titles after the box is out. I think moving forward. it's probably a safe bet that anything not explicitly called exclusive will be repressed sooner rather than later, especially with very active labels.

Something to think about

Liner notes don't necessarily cost $2 to print, especially for companies who take their product seriously, here's an example of how expensive it could be to print high quality liner notes. I used to think the same thing that all this stuff was 'cheap' until I started working in the manufacturing industry.

Liner notes don't necessarily cost $2 to print, especially for companies who take their product seriously, here's an example of how expensive it could be to print high quality liner notes. I used to think the same thing that all this stuff was 'cheap' until I started working in the manufacturing industry.

wow. Crazy. So to order 500 you’re paying $1.38 per but then for most of their classics and essentials titles with special bonuses like this they are runs of 2500-3000. At 3,000 the price goes down to around .50 per. I expected there to be a difference, but that’s a drastic difference.

wow. Crazy. So to order 500 you’re paying $1.38 per but then for most of their classics and essentials titles with special bonuses like this they are runs of 2500-3000. At 3,000 the price goes down to around .50 per. I expected there to be a difference, but that’s a drastic difference.
Yupp bulk runs are the way to go, it keeps the presses moving and can be done in 'gang runs'. So the price to print can be cheap but you also have to take into consideration time spent making the design so it probably averages out to $5-$10 bucks per record

Yupp bulk runs are the way to go, it keeps the presses moving and can be done in 'gang runs'. So the price to print can be cheap but you also have to take into consideration time spent making the design so it probably averages out to $5-$10 bucks per record
Wait, you’re saying a printed inner sleeve with designer costs factored in, averages out to $5 or $10 per album?

Just a guess and I could be wrong, I have never paid someone to design something like this so I would not know.

at the low end of $5, minus the $1.50 for the physical product. That leaves $3.50 per album for the design and commercial use of a printed inner sleeve. That’s a $1,750 commission that a ton of very well known artist would be happy to take.

I’m actually kinda happy that we will be getting a lot of future VMP Anthology Box Sets in the future. Why? Because it motivates me to save up for the Anthology series and not buy anymore Store exclusives (unless it’s an exclusive I find amazing) instead! 😋

Still a bit bummed with the international shipping fee when you buy a VMP Anthology Box Set, but it’s not a deal-breaker for me! 😌

The last one didn’t sell out at all. I thought the early access price thing was weird too. Did they say how long that was supposed to last?

The last one didn’t sell out at all. I thought the early access price thing was weird too. Did they say how long that was supposed to last?

It sold out.

Not shocked the Ghostly didn't. That's a pretty niche label. And now it's shown to just be color variants.

It sold out.

Not shocked the Ghostly didn't. That's a pretty niche label. And now it's shown to just be color variants.
It says sold out but all signs pointed to them just taking it off the market. I think the day after they said they would. Someone else may have been keeping closer tabs on it than I.

It says sold out but all signs pointed to them just taking it off the market. I think the day after they said they would. Someone else may have been keeping closer tabs on it than I.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it never sold out, they just took it down when they said they would. I was watching out of curiosity.

Back