Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I hope this doesn't mean our days of store exclusives & bundles like Guruguru, Mr. Bongo, Fania, Sub Pop, etc. are over... Would be a shame to be totally priced out of some awesome albums.

Has everyone seen this? Looks like we may get 10-12 anthologies next year. PLUS another one before the end of this year. Whoaaaaaa

View attachment 21038

Has everyone seen this? Looks like we may get 10-12 anthologies next year. PLUS another one before the end of this year. Whoaaaaaa

View attachment 21038
am i the only one asking himself how they want to Keep that pace up while still delivering the podcast, the liner note content etc. , still shipping those out of Headquarters and doing quality control ? Just assuming a conservative estimate of 6 anthologies instead of 10-12, that´s lots of hours of podcasts they are generating and lots more of liner notes etc. Until now Storf seems to be primarily responsible for this ( next to the Magazine, classics, etc.). They had qc issues before, but they seem to have a good Job with that on the Motown Anthology, but i just don´t see that Happening for a 6-8 LP box every two months.

am i the only one asking himself how they want to Keep that pace up while still delivering the podcast, the liner note content etc. , still shipping those out of Headquarters and doing quality control ? Just assuming a conservative estimate of 6 anthologies instead of 10-12, that´s lots of hours of podcasts they are generating and lots more of liner notes etc. Until now Storf seems to be primarily responsible for this ( next to the Magazine, classics, etc.). They had qc issues before, but they seem to have a good Job with that on the Motown Anthology, but i just don´t see that Happening for a 6-8 LP box every two months.

They’ll subcontract the QC out to VJ and his revolutionary vinyl scoring system...

I hope this doesn't mean our days of store exclusives & bundles like Guruguru, Mr. Bongo, Fania, Sub Pop, etc. are over... Would be a shame to be totally priced out of some awesome albums.
i think this hits the nail on the head.
to guarantee such a large volume of Anthologies, something gotta give.
so, voila, they transform the gently priced bundles, include them in a box, add one or two podcasts, plus a "community" forum, increase the price of each record by a good 50% and call them anthologies.

It's a pity because bundles were a fantastic gateway to discover and experience new music, compounded by their relatively great price.
I, for one, have no intention to experiment with albums costing up from 35$ each, as it has been for the latest 3 anthologies.

i think this hits the nail on the head.
to guarantee such a large volume of Anthologies, something gotta give.
so, voila, they transform the gently priced bundles, include them in a box, add one or two podcasts, plus a "community" forum, increase the price of each record by a good 50% and call them anthologies.

It's a pity because bundles were a fantastic gateway to discover and experience new music, compounded by their relatively great price.
I, for one, have no intention to experiment with albums costing up from 35$ each, as it has been for the latest 3 anthologies.

Yeah unfortunately it sounds like they're going to ruin anthology. Only took them, what, two releases? One was botched and one was good and now it's full steam ahead.

It's a shame. The concept is good... but oh well. I'm getting over the idea of being a completionist. I can grab a few next year and only if they really interest me.

Excited to know that VMP will be frequently releasing Anthology Box Sets! 😍

What I’m devastated about though is the price point.....Why make it so expensive!?!? 😢

I don’t care about the podcasts at all. I haven’t listened to a single one from Blue Note or Motown. I couldn’t care less about them. Couldn’t care about the ‘fancy’ forums they create for the buyers to discuss the product...

I hate all these extras! I wish we were getting the Crate Diggers ROTM track instead...😅

Also, I hope this Ghostly International Anthology Set flops, because it is overpriced! $33+ per record, that is just a colour variant is ridiculous. You’re making someone buy the whole bundle of 6 records, so why not make it cheaper 🤷‍♂️

I really hope this flops so then VMP might consider dropping the prices down on those Anthology Box Sets! It’s just too overpriced!

Also, I hate how there’s the extra international shipping fee on top........even though I’m subscribed to VMP! 😭😭😭

I’ll only be buying VMP Anthology series that really interest me, like Blue Note & Motown! If it’s something like Sub Pop, then forget it lol

@Heath - Are you proud of me! I didn’t buy the Ghostly International VMP Anthology Box Set! 😜

#4 is almost certainly Stax. Storf mentioned he’s in Nashville for a few hours on a business trip tomorrow for A4. Definitely a stopover on the way to Memphis.

But overall, I’m very excited for the upcoming VMP Anthology Box Sets! 😃🎉🙌

Me too, everything about the Motown one impressed me and despite the garbage rollout, BN is also a beautiful final product.
I hope theyre not quite every month next year for my wallets sake but Im on board going forward.

I'm still on board for antho... I'll definitely get 4 if it's Stax. Just changing my expectations moving forward.

Back