Television

@Indymisanthrope is producing season 3 in his basement as we speak. What it lacks in technical wizardry it makes up in heart! Unfortunately you will have to sign up for yet another new streaming service Prime Misanthropic Max + for a cool $17.89 a month to watch it.
TBH it’s just 8 hours of me doing sweaty choreography and hissing at weird times.

I actually do think there’s possibly something to this meta-theory about the show-within-the-show being the thing that is actually cancelled though. It fits perfectly with what they were doing in the final moments of that last episode.

Edit: FWIW in addition to the details of the theory you can find on reddit, about clues Brit has dropped on IG, or people noticing that Isaacs is possibly doing press in character AS Hap, etc., Marling is currently credited as a writer on IMDb for 26 episodes of a 16 ep show, and Batmanglij as the director of 23. IMDb can be a little bit unreliable about unproduced stuff, BUT...

Last edited:
Mr Robotters... was season 3 any good? Both Mrs Moore and I were left so perplexed following season 2 that we gave up. Seeing all the love for the latest season has made me want to try again. I just watched season 1 again and loved it more this time than the first. Gonna crack on with 2 but just curious if I find it a slog of confusion again, will season 3 offer some respite before I get to the coveted latest episodes?

Mr Robotters... was season 3 any good? Both Mrs Moore and I were left so perplexed following season 2 that we gave up. Seeing all the love for the latest season has made me want to try again. I just watched season 1 again and loved it more this time than the first. Gonna crack on with 2 but just curious if I find it a slog of confusion again, will season 3 offer some respite before I get to the coveted latest episodes?
S3 is generally regarded as one of the best. I don’t know that I agree with that, but I’m someone who loved season 2. S3 has both the character development and fast-paced story that 1 has. I’ve seen many people say they dropped off at 2, but 3 really made up for it so take that for what you want.

For me all the seasons have been logical storytelling, with each one building off the last.
More characters come around, more depth to the ones you know, and more fleshing out the world around everyone. I think it’s worth the trip.

Yeah, I think 3 was stronger than 2, there’s some really great episodes and character development, as well as sense of the endgame coming quickly. Now seeing a rough shape of Season 4 with what we’ve gotten so far it’s pretty clear Esmail was going for a slower middle chapter so just keep in mind the pace will ratchet back up in Season 4. As @Bennnnn says it’s worth the journey! From my perspective there wouldn’t be much weight behind the action of Season 4 without the character work of 3 and 2.

If you liked the tenser aspects of Season 1 and really can’t get into Mr Robot again, try to check out his other series Homecoming on Prime video if you haven’t already. That one moves at a really fast pace thanks to the short episode length, and is really good as well.

Last edited:
If you liked the tenser aspects of Season 1 and really can’t get into Mr Robot again, try to check out his other series Homecoming on Prime video if you haven’t already. That one moves at a really fast pace thanks to the short episode length, and is really good as well.

Both Esmail's series and the original podcast/radio show of Homecoming with Catherine Kenner, David Schwimmer, and Oscar Issac are really good in their own way...id say give them both a shot.

As for Mr. Robot, season 3 is really good, and is just a primer for the best season of the whole show...and we still have 4 episodes to go.

Last edited:
Speaking of, last night’s Mr Robot felt a little weird to me, like a little too...easy? And yet I was still thrilled by the whole thing. And I have honestly zero clues whatsoever as to what’s going to happen in these final few episodes.

So I started Mr. Robot S4 last night. I like to binge it, so I was waiting for the episodes to stack up before I started.

And um.
That first scene? I did not see that coming and actually went straight to the google to see if what I saw was what I thought I saw. Like seriously? They kill her off just like that and don't wrap up her story???? Goodness, that was a shocking beginning.

So I started Mr. Robot S4 last night. I like to binge it, so I was waiting for the episodes to stack up before I started.

And um.
That first scene? I did not see that coming and actually went straight to the google to see if what I saw was what I thought I saw. Like seriously? They kill her off just like that and don't wrap up her story???? Goodness, that was a shocking beginning.
yeah not gonna lie that tucked me up. And the rest of the ep felt just as bleak. But man, that’s when you know things are going down this season...just right off the bat.

Yes. S2 is my personal favorite and season 3 my least fav. But that's because season 3 is way more straight forward and is basically busy setting plot mechanisms in motion and and answering the questions posed in S2.

But that also means it plays really well when you are binging a rewatch as opposed to watching it a full year and a half after s2 first aired.

I'll be curious for you thoughts as you venture forward.

Also, this article is dead on:

That said, Lyra is now feeling like Lyra aka one of the best female characters of all time. And the armored bears look phenomenal. It's eyes and muzzle make it feel truly alive. So I'm enjoying myself even if the emotional heft is being hurt by the inability to capture the essence of deamons and their relationship to "us" due to budget.

Last edited:
Back