Television

Agreed. I also think some fans were just straight sci-fi fans who wanted to know all about Dharma etc. Understandable but that wasn’t the part of the show that kept me watching.
I really enjoyed the sci-fi elements but it wasn’t all I was interested in. As a whole I still love Lost, but the buildup to the end made it seem like it was going to be huge and it just wasn’t much for me. I don’t mind the ending in general. I did not, however, like the non flashback flashbacks in the final season. That payoff was not so good. And it seemed to confuse people cause I still read that people misread the ending as “they were in purgatory the whole time” which is not what happened.

Edit: also, just want to say that since Lost ended there hasn't been a show that has matched what it was like to watch it week-to-week for years. Sure, there are shows that offer up plenty to chew on and theorize about, but none hit that spot that Lost did.

S3 of The Crown was a bit of a let down. It had its moments, but for a show about the longest ruling Queen in history there was very little actual Queen.

Completely agree about The Leftovers. It benefited from allowing the audience to draw it’s own conclusion about certain portions while still allowing for all sorts of crazy fun to happen. Some episodes were almost Lynchian in the way they unraveled like wild fever dreams but they were all extremely entertaining and emotionally enthralling. The Leftovers was damn near perfect. Probably a top 5 drama for me and Watchmen is riding the same path.

I really loved the show as well. My only complaint was that that I much preferred seasons 2 + 3 over 1, as they pushed the envelope a lot more and we’re even more rich in theme. Watchmen is sort of on the Better Call Saul wave IMO where it’s preempted growing pains because the creator is so in the zone.

I really enjoyed the sci-fi elements but it wasn’t all I was interested in. As a whole I still love Lost, but the buildup to the end made it seem like it was going to be huge and it just wasn’t much for me. I don’t mind the ending in general. I did not, however, like the non flashback flashbacks in the final season. That payoff was not so good. And it seemed to confuse people cause I still read that people misread the ending as “they were in purgatory the whole time” which is not what happened.

Edit: also, just want to say that since Lost ended there hasn't been a show that has matched what it was like to watch it week-to-week for years. Sure, there are shows that offer up plenty to chew on and theorize about, but none hit that spot that Lost did.

Yeah I agree the flash forwards weren’t handled that well or really all that compelling compared to the flashing of prior seasons. Personally I think the show could have cut a season or two of spinning wheels and been much tighter as a result, as the biggest issue at that point for me was just “flash fatigue”, no matter if we were going back forwards or sideways.

Totally agree about LOST even though I didn’t watch on air till the last two seasons, it really was the richest show I can think of for mythology and character work. Not that that makes it the best show or even my favorite (though it would be up there for both) but it was fun as hell to watch.

Some of My Favorite Thanksgiving TV Episodes...

- Cheers: "Thanksgiving Orphans"
- Bob's Burgers: "Dawn of The Peck"
- The Simpsons: "Bart Vs. Thanksgiving"
- The West Wing: "The Indians in the Lobby"
- Happy Endings: "More Like Skanksgiving"
- Gilmore Girls: "A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving"
- Mad Men: "Dark Shadows"
- Master of None: "Thanksgiving"
- WKRP in Cincinnati’s: "Turkeys Away"

What are yours?

S3 of The Crown was a bit of a let down. It had its moments, but for a show about the longest ruling Queen in history there was very little actual Queen.
I'm a little more than halfway through S3 and I totally agree. I still find it interesting, but it feels much slower this season.

I'm a little more than halfway through S3 and I totally agree. I still find it interesting, but it feels much slower this season.
I really enjoyed the Aberfan episode, the one where Margaret goes to the US, and the Finale, but other than that I was disappointed. I think Coleman does a great job, but there is just too little of her. The Coup episode is soo bad I almost gave up on the season all together.

Wow, just finished Succession. I liked it wayyy more than I thought I was going to.
I thought S1 started bumpy and sagged somewhere in the middle. But once it hit its stride I found it to be totally binge-worthy. Great ending too. Not just the very end, but the scenes leading up to it as well.

Now I need something else...

I just finished Undone on Amazon. Pretty decent. One question:
what do we make of the kid that Alma was having a vision of being underwater or drowning? Was that the only vision she had of someone like that? There was no closure on that thread of the story, was there?

I just finished Undone on Amazon. Pretty decent. One question:
what do we make of the kid that Alma was having a vision of being underwater or drowning? Was that the only vision she had of someone like that? There was no closure on that thread of the story, was there?
There was no closer to that specifically, but then again she was schizophrenic and none of her visions were actually real, so I think that's why nothing else was made of it

finally watched this weeks watchmen episode tonight - miraculously i'd avoided any spoilers - and holy shit, that was some fantastic stuff. has to be one of the most perfect episodes of television i've ever seen. if that hour doesn't win all the awards in tv awards season then i don't know what a show would have to do, because that was about as compelling (storywise, visually, musically, you name it) as a tv show can get. i think the point i realized this episode was pretty much flawless was seeing regina king perfectly mimic louis gossett jr.'s mannerisms as will reeves in the wheelchair. i mean, that's just some great detail work right there that keeps you firmly in the moment the show is creating. this show has been incredible so far.

I finally started Watchmen last night and got through the first 3 episodes. I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I like it so far. I'm really glad they got Jean Smart to play Silk Spectre as she was one of my favorite parts of Legion. I dont know how anyone who doesnt know the comic understands anything that is going on tho.

I watched Final Space yesterday. It's a very funny animated show, and this second season starts so-so but the second half is a rollercoaster of emotions. I found myself crying and laughing at the same time in the last three episodes. It's a nice show while I can't find anything else on Netflix.

I finally started Watchmen last night and got through the first 3 episodes. I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I like it so far. I'm really glad they got Jean Smart to play Silk Spectre as she was one of my favorite parts of Legion. I dont know how anyone who doesnt know the comic understands anything that is going on tho.
The comic is only 12 issues and a stone classic. Everyone should read it. Also, just wait til episode 6...1575164719003.png

Back