Sounds Delicious

I feel like musicians’ well-documented inability to meet deadlines + COVID have turned this incredible idea into an imperfect sub for people who have the time/money to let it trickle in as it can. The box falling through months (years?) after the finances probably got washed back into the overhead pot is a bummer cherry on top.
Yeah 2017 is when I backed it. Looks like this was the last update on the kickstarter. It's now just a running joke for me that I use to tickle myself once a quarter

Screenshot_2021-02-10 15.41.48_vny0UR.png

Ain’t no time for delivering items people paid for when you got a lifestyle brand to build
I know I'm culpable for bumping this but I give TK a pass because it's 2 people who have managed to do something kind of cool and interesting, even if its majorly delayed, that I'm glad exists.

Now, if you're hurting for cash over the last year and those few hundred dollars you gave them could make a big difference, I 100% understand that. I was in full panic mode financially late last year and I know the thought crossed my mind.

I know I'm culpable for bumping this but I give TK a pass because it's 2 people who have managed to do something kind of cool and interesting, even if its majorly delayed, that I'm glad exists.

Now, if you're hurting for cash over the last year and those few hundred dollars you gave them could make a big difference, I 100% understand that. I was in full panic mode financially late last year and I know the thought crossed my mind.
There are plenty of small businesses who operate on a shoestring crew and deliver products on time and without excuses, especially after 3 years.

There are plenty of small businesses who operate on a shoestring crew and deliver products on time and without excuses, especially after 3 years.
I will cut them a bit of slack because it seems like the bands have a hard time keeping to their schedules for recording... but I think I've paid for 26 records at this point and received half that so far which sucks

I will cut them a bit of slack because it seems like the bands have a hard time keeping to their schedules for recording... but I think I've paid for 26 records at this point and received half that so far which sucks
Damn that’s not good

That’s egregiously bad business. If your customers have paid for twice as much product as you’ve delivered and you have no timeline for fulfillment, that’s borderline theft at this point.

For sure. I wouldn’t compare them to a normal record label or a gift shop since their product is boutique full cover albums recorded by a new group of artists each entry but I do think they could be in communication more than they have.

The last state of the sub email was sent January 2020 I believe. Since then, it’s just been regular marketing emails for their shop and coffee pairings sub. That 1/2020 email mentioned 4-6 bands lined up to start recording in the Spring and I imagine two of those were Quivvers and Fruit Bats. It’d be cool to get updated on whether those other 2-4 bands are proceeding, pausing cause of COVID, dropped out entirely, etc. As far as I know, there haven’t been any further emails that are updates on the status of everything.

At least you can rest easy knowing they’re vacationing on your dime

YOu may just e-mail and ask for a refeund. They offered that because of the delays.

Sure, I'll give them slack on shipping speed, but nothing is stopping them from emailing us some kind of update. Starting to feel a lot like the Paste sampler sub over here...

I gave them a pass for a good long while. Now, I just want to know where the damn box is for these albums? Or, yeah, giving at least a one sentence update.

But my bad, seems they are too busy vacationing in Hawaii. Priorities, right?

I gave them a pass for a good long while. Now, I just want to know where the damn box is for these albums? Or, yeah, giving at least a one sentence update.

they were so transparent and communicative in the beginning, now if it wasn't for their vacation or home improvement posts I wouldn't hear from them at all.

I emailed a couple of weeks back asking for an update and got the below. Still no excuse for the general silence we're getting from them...

Hey Heath,

We'll have an update soon but I'll give you a little preview in the meantime. The next album in the series is at the plant and should be in production as we speak. I was hoping to have them ready to ship before the end of May but the plant is apparently experiencing an unusual 2-3 week delay in printing the jackets (normally the delays are in the pressing the vinyl itself). Anyways, we're planning on releasing the first single and announcing once they give us a firmer date for when we can expect it to finish. I don't want to spoil too much but this one is a cover of Air's Moon Safari. More soon!

Matthew

Back