Sounds Delicious

Omg that custom box? So glad I e-mailed them like 2 years ago and asked if I could just get a 7 inch + coffee package instead of that.
Might email them and ask for something similar. Love the idea of it but, like, my expectations are on the floor. Can't imagine it would be this difficult to source a woodworker to make them after all of this time... :(

Might email them and ask for something similar. Love the idea of it but, like, my expectations are on the floor. Can't imagine it would be this difficult to source a woodworker to make them after all of this time... :(

They should just email whoever it is that cranks out thousands of wooden boxes for Joyful Noise every year

Oh god no please not him, lol. His box fell apart in the mail. I'm thinking the guy who makes their WLS and singles boxes, and the Deerhoof AiR box, etc. I can't remember his name right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Jan
Siamese Dream arrived today along with the backer versions of no vacation and jenn champion. Matt had originally just send me the solid coloured versions of this . so I might just pif those two

Reactions: mgp
I never heard of this subscription but clicked here simply 'cause it's a thread I never visited.

I don't plan on joining, but the concept is cool.

I did go on Soundcloud and listen to the Fruit Bats' cover of Hummer. I enjoyed it - gave a cool, breezy atmosphere to a song I know all so well. I could imagine digging the cover in the early evening of a summer day as the sun cedes its position in the sky.

As a big fan of The Blue Nile, I listened to the sample on the website of Pure Bathing Culture covering them. No....god fucking.....no! I tend to try and account for different folks/different strokes but if you like that then you probably just had a literal stroke. It was like a Captain and Tennille performance except right as they were about to go on stage their manager said, "Hey, C&T, ya know how you sound like a neutered sugar cube? Yea, yea....Imma still need you to do that, but, first, line up....this donkey is gonna give ya each a swift kick in the head before you get out there."

Okay, hyperbole....but it was a bad cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgp
I've never paid much attention to this sub either, but if I signed up for a single month on 7/24 in order to get Fruit Bats, should it have shipped by now? Or do they take care of multi-month members first or something?

I never heard of this subscription but clicked here simply 'cause it's a thread I never visited.

I don't plan on joining, but the concept is cool.

I did go on Soundcloud and listen to the Fruit Bats' cover of Hummer. I enjoyed it - gave a cool, breezy atmosphere to a song I know all so well. I could imagine digging the cover in the early evening of a summer day as the sun cedes its position in the sky.

As a big fan of The Blue Nile, I listened to the sample on the website of Pure Bathing Culture covering them. No....god fucking.....no! I tend to try and account for different folks/different strokes but if you like that then you probably just had a literal stroke. It was like a Captain and Tennille performance except right as they were about to go on stage their manager said, "Hey, C&T, ya know how you sound like a neutered sugar cube? Yea, yea....Imma still need you to do that, but, first, line up....this donkey is gonna give ya each a swift kick in the head before you get out there."

Okay, hyperbole....but it was a bad cover.

I was a member for the first few months but the shipping costs to the UK were nuts. Not SDs fault as costs are what they are but it was just put it out of reach as a regular sub. I suppose thats where Vmp really has the benefit

I've never paid much attention to this sub either, but if I signed up for a single month on 7/24 in order to get Fruit Bats, should it have shipped by now? Or do they take care of multi-month members first or something?
They are basically a man-and-wife team doing all this by themselves including the shipping, so the shipping can stretch out a bit. They Always answered my emails quickly, so you might just want to email them if in doubt

They are basically a man-and-wife team doing all this by themselves including the shipping, so the shipping can stretch out a bit. They Always answered my emails quickly, so you might just want to email them if in doubt
Yeah, I emailed shortly after I posted this and Matthew got back to me immediately. He actually shipped it yesterday, I just didn't get the notification. All good.

Reactions: Jan
Just got a shipping notice! Hopefully this means they're returning to some kind of regularity with these releases.

From Their newsletter:
BIG news: while going through our inventory, we discovered a small box of previously-sold out records. Specifically, we have a very limited number of Jenn Champion's full album cover of Weezer's The Blue Album. If you missed it before, now's your chance to snag it for yourself (or a few copies for friends).

Kasey and Matthew

P.S. Given the increased pressure on the US Postal service, please note that any domestic gift orders must be placed by 5 pm PST on December 18th, for delivery by Dec 25th.

From Their newsletter:
BIG news: while going through our inventory, we discovered a small box of previously-sold out records. Specifically, we have a very limited number of Jenn Champion's full album cover of Weezer's The Blue Album. If you missed it before, now's your chance to snag it for yourself (or a few copies for friends).

Kasey and Matthew

P.S. Given the increased pressure on the US Postal service, please note that any domestic gift orders must be placed by 5 pm PST on December 18th, for delivery by Dec 25th.
They end up finding those custom boxes they promised from the kickstarter yet?

They end up finding those custom boxes they promised from the kickstarter yet?
I feel like musicians’ well-documented inability to meet deadlines + COVID have turned this incredible idea into an imperfect sub for people who have the time/money to let it trickle in as it can. The box falling through months (years?) after the finances probably got washed back into the overhead pot is a bummer cherry on top.

Back